Pre-wedding Parties

Gifts for Bride at Bachelorette Party?

Is it customary for the wedding party and friends to get the bride gifts at the Bachelorette party ? My friend says that is when you give the bride the "racier" gifts, such as lingerie. I thought the shower was for the gift giving and the Bach. Party was just to party and have fun. Am I wrong ?

Re: Gifts for Bride at Bachelorette Party?

• danieliza1127danieliza1127 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I've seen it both ways.  At my bachelorette party my friends that came did all give me little gifts and I was really surprised because I didn't expect it at all!  I think I've attended bachelorette parties though where there were no gifts.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    It varies by circle ask the hostess If you are the hostess i would not and then suggest not to guests when asked  
  • edited December 2011
    See, that is what I thought too, gifts belong at the shower and the wedding. Thank you.
  • KJDOHERTYKJDOHERTY member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would ask the hostess.  In my circle, every bachelorette party is also a lingerie party, although this information is usually include in the invitation to the party.  I personally would hate to show up empty-handed to a party if gifts were expected...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards