Texas-Austin

Photographers again....

I saw the post below about the photographer recs, which was super-helpful.  But I'm wondering about prices....if anyone is willing to post prices for their photographers, I would really appreciate it.  I work 70+ hours a week, so any time I can save in this whole planning process is incredibly helpful.  :)  TIA!
BabyFruit Ticker
"There is a fine line between a princess and a witch...thinking you're one does NOT give you the right to act like the other." my grandmother

Re: Photographers again....

• julianelsjulianels member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My photog, Ryan Green is $1600 for basic package...but with the basic package you get a lot - second shooter, coffee album book, all images etc.  Addtnl hours are 200 or 300 or something.
  • atlanticatlantic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the nichols start at $3500.  they're not one of the cheaper options but after my wedding, engagement, bridal photos...i would have paid twice that if it meant cutting other things!  their photos were amazing- the captured the complete essence of the day - after it's all over, all you have is the memories, and having our memories captured on film the way they did is priceless!
    Photo by Melissa Glynn
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    If you are on a budget, shoot me an email. I can provide you the information to a photographer that charges 75 dollars/hour for weddings. Very affordable and great quality!beth (dot) aubrey (at) txstate (dot) edu
  • lotusbrendalotusbrenda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Patrick Motola has some of the most unique albums I've seen.  $1495 is his starting price:http://patrickmotola.com/prices.htmlPortfolio is here:http://patrickmotola.ifp3.com/site/#/gallery/pats-wedding-portfolio/
  • edited December 2011
    Our photog Jake Holt has packages starting at $2,800 but can customize a pkg based on whatever you need. He did that for us and I think we got a great deal (however we are paying considerably more because we added on a bunch of stuff).  http://www.jakeholt.com/Most photogs have prices listed on their sites so I would suggest going to the Austin Knottie page where all the photog links are just go through them all see which ones you like and check the price then bookmark them. If you hit one of the bridal shows a lot of times you can meet the majority of ones you are interested in all in that one place - so it will save a lot of time for you! Here is the Austin Knottie page: http://austinknotties.googlepages.com/homeHTH!
    ~ Trish Finfer
    Blog

• henderstraushenderstraus member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I believe The Knot has them categorized by dollar signs when you search through their vendor listings. Of course that can be misleading because each package is different. Definitely think about how many hours you'll want photographed before you book because extra hours can add to your budget significantly.
  • GerberladyGerberlady member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For Pink Posh Photography, packages start at $3200 which includes 2 photographers and Bridal or E session and photo enlargement print. We are going with the $3900 package because it includes all of the above plus a $1000 print credit toward any photo album. One suggestion is that whoever you go with, in my opinion, I think you should have 2 photographers so that they don't miss any moments capturing your wedding. GL
  • edited December 2011
    I am using J. Mark Photography - 2 photographers, 7 hours, leather bound album, $2100. Great website with lots of samples and info. Just took my bridals - my future hubby Bryan is snoopy - so can't post them yet, but will soon!
  • edited December 2011
    With photographers, you'll get what you pay for and photos are not something you want to splurge on.I've worked with Eric Doggett Photography before (his work is incredibly artful!)  and can highly recommend him. Ashley or Eric from Studio 563 are my personal favs (and photographing my wedding). Ashley starts at $2600 and that includes 6 hours of coverage, a second shooter, and all your digital negatives. I'm also using Laura Harris of Square One Creative for my engagement photos and Andrew Taylor of Blink Twice photography for my second reception  (spreading the love around, can you tell?) and love, love them as well.If you're looking on the budget side, I'm pretty sure there are three current knotties who also work as wedding photographers and could probably give you a deal.Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    crap, i said "don't want to splurge on" but i meant don't want to SKIMP on!Chalk that up to cold medicine.
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, there are knotties on the board who would love to work for fellow knotties. ;) There's even a list of them on the "Knottie Love" page here: [url]<a href="http://austinknotties.googlepages.com/knottielove" rel='nofollow'>http://austinknotties.googlepages.com/knottielove</a>[/url]
    Liz & David | 10/23/09
    Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    Perfect - this is a huge help.  Thank you so much!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    "There is a fine line between a princess and a witch...thinking you're one does NOT give you the right to act like the other." my grandmother
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Tyler Schmitt and he did a custom package for us and for a little over $4,000 we're getting e-pics and bridals, 10 hrs on the wedding day, a second photographer, and two leather bound albums (because my parents wanted a fancy one of their own).  There are other small things too like a DVD of all photos, but those were the major things.  He's totally worth it.
  • may2005may2005 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Lisa Shepard with Aimage Photography.  I also like the work of Christopher Reichman.
  • edited December 2011
    (Sorry so late)I agree with above posts that you almost alwas get what you pay for, and that this is the one vendor whose service/product will last  and you'll look at for decades to come (besides the rings).Our photographer, doberenzphotography.com is a bit on the high end (though we saw several well above his rates!) but he did give us a discount for a Sunday wedding.We also liked Hyde Park photo (Brad Lemon) and Hemera Nyx.Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards