Iowa-Des Moines

LC Photography---NEED HELP!!

I'm reaching out to you gals in hope of some assistance.  I got married July 25th, 2009 and used Leslie Cowger of LC Photography.  While she did finally post pictures on her website, a month later, she has yet to give me the disk of all of my pictures or do anything in which I can order the pictures.  I haven't been able to get a hold of her since Sept 12 and have called her almost daily leaving voice messages with no response.  I am wondering if any of you ladies know her or have used her or can offer my any advice.  I really want my pictures and do not know where to go from here.  Thank you. 

Re: LC Photography---NEED HELP!!

• edited December 2011
    Wedding photographers are hard to reach during the busy wedding season, and it very well may be that she just really sucks at returning calls when she's busy.  Now that your wedding is over, you've probably moved lower on the to-do list while she shoots other weddings and gets their pictures online.  It sounds like she ought to at least have the digital copies of the photos, if they made it onto her website.  I think it would be a much bigger concern if there was no sign of pictures.  Good luck! 
  • edited December 2011
    Does she have email or a "contact us" section on her website? I would try that. Perhaps she does better with electronic communications.I agree with Scarlet that she may just be busy, and at least the images are on her website. However; if she hasn't made any attempt to contact you back since September 12th, that is a month and that is rediculous. Just plain poor customer service.Try the email route and see if she responds in a week or so. If she doesn't contact you then, something is up and you will need to think of next steps at that time.
  • edited December 2011
    Does she have an office you can stop by at? If that doesn't work, maybe call and tell her if she doesn't reply soon you'll consider it a breach of contract and will soon take the appropriate measures by contacting a lawyer.
    ?imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I found her Facebook and it looks like she updated that on Sept. 27th. Maybe she's on vacation?
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the help ladies.  She works out of her home so I don't know if that would be considered crossing the line if I had my mom stop by there.  I have since moved to Oklahoma City for law school so I am unable to personally be there to do anything.  I have her on facebook as well but I also have her personal page which she has updated on Tuesday and also deleted my message as of this morning.  I think a lawyer maybe the next option.
  • edited December 2011
    You post on her wall and she deleted it? Yea, she's ignoring you and it's time to get out the big guns :) Good luck
  • edited December 2011
    If she is ignoring your attempts on facebook (which is like emailing) and is not returning calls, it is time to get a lawyer involved. I would even go to the better business bureau and report her. That is SAD that she has time to facebook personally, but can't get back to her business clients. Good luck. I am sure it will work out fine.
  • edited December 2011
    I also invested my money in LC photography.  I got married last September and she still has yet to post my photos, edit them and provide me with my album. Like you I have called,  emailed, and facebooked Leslie numerous times, and she has responded to me once since my wedding promising she would post my photos, but has yet to follow through.  I have reported her to the better business bureau and they also noted that she would not respond to them and they suggested I take legal action.  I wish I could offer you advice but my wedding is coming up on a year and I am still fighting the good fight.  I have been contemplating taking legal action so it is comforting to know that I am not the only one who has had problems with this photographer and I may proceed.
  • edited December 2011
    I was married last August (1 year tomorrow) and I have the exact same problems with LC Photography (Leslie Cowger).  I did finally get all of by photos on disc in December, but my package also included several albums and prints that I have yet to receive.  I have been leaving voicemails, emails, texts, and facebook posts for MONTHS and haven't heard anything back.  I am beyond frustrated and am also considering taking legal action, just don't know how time consuming/expensive/effective it would be.
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance and I had our engagement session with Leslie today and she did WONDERFUL. She had 10 pictures up after a few hours of our session that looked amazing, and by 11:00 tonight she had 105 edited pictures up from our session today. They looked absolutely breathtaking and I can't be happier that I booked her. She has the CD in the mail with the copywrite release on it and we will have it in our hands in the next couple days. I couldn't be happier . with how fast she got her work done, and how amazing her pictures turned out. I reccommend her to ANYONE!!!!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • dewallccdewallcc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you girls ever get all of your stuff from LC?? I got married a year ago on Sunday and have been having the same voicemail, text message, email, and phone call issues!! I have my wedding pictures cd but have yet to get the album and I feel like I keep getting excuses as to why it isn't here. I am past the point of wanting the pictures and want it primarily because it is paid for!!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    LC Photography (lcphotogallery.com is no longer a registered domain name) appears to have moved shop and is now known as Freebird Photography, oddly enough there is also a Freebird Bail Bonds.

Freebird Photography
    PO Box 3513 Urbandale, IA (weddingchannel.com specifically mentions Leslie Cowger). or 4322 101st St Urbandale, IA 50322 (freebirdphotography.org)

Maybe she wanted a clean slate with the BBB, check out the ratings for LC Photography.  She's also had a couple judgements against her.  www.iowacourts.state.ia.us (trial court section)

I would just say this, do not do buisness with this woman.  She is very nice and personable, but once you fork over money good luck finding her.  Her PO Box has changed at least three times in three years, and it wouldn't surprise me if her phone has changed just as much.  Half the time you can't leave a voice mail because her box is full.
  • audreyandsethaudreyandseth member
    First Comment
    edited November 2012
    That woman is a SCAM!  She changed her photography name and is now under Freebird photography.  She also "sells" frames.  I put an order in over two months ago and she has my customers' money and we have NO frames.  I am reporting her to the BBB.  Everyone else should do the same.  

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_iowa-des-moines_lc-photography-need?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:80Discussion:10453670Post:b869e9cc-330f-42f8-8855-8d86f20d6767">Re: LC Photography---NEED HELP!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]LC Photography (lcphotogallery.com is no longer a registered domain name) appears to have moved shop and is now known as Freebird Photography, oddly enough there is also a Freebird Bail Bonds. Freebird Photography PO Box 3513 Urbandale, IA (weddingchannel.com specifically mentions Leslie Cowger). or 4322 101st St Urbandale, IA 50322 (freebirdphotography.org) Maybe she wanted a clean slate with the BBB, check out the ratings for LC Photography.  She's also had a couple judgements against her.   <a href="http://www.iowacourts.state.ia.us" rel="nofollow">www.iowacourts.state.ia.us</a> (trial court section) I would just say this, do not do buisness with this woman.  She is very nice and personable, but once you fork over money good luck finding her.  Her PO Box has changed at least three times in three years, and it wouldn't surprise me if her phone has changed just as much.  Half the time you can't leave a voice mail because her box is full.
    Posted by dutchie78[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards