New Mexico

Registry Website- I need opinions!!!

Hi everyone! So...... I know it is super rude and tacky to ask for cash as far as registering goes, however FI has his heart set on fixing up our home, and since there is no registry on any home improvement sites I have been a busy bee researching things.
I finally got it through to FI that we need to have a physical registry especially for the shower (ie: Target, Pottery Barn, etc.), and our parents are spreading the word that we are trying to fix up our house. I was on the StyleMePretty website and found this:
http://www.depositagift.com/

FMIL has been bouncing this idea off some of her friends (these ladies are all very well off and have great taste) and they like the idea. I am still not 100% sure that this is ok.

I didn't want to put this on the etiquette or registry board because a lot of times I feel like girls are kind of know it alls on those boards and I don't feel like getting preached at. But I know that you lovely NM ladies will give me some good advice. So please, let me know what you think!
Anniversary

Re: Registry Website- I need opinions!!!

• edited December 2011
    I think that as long as you give your guests an option, like with Target, then it is perfectly fine to have a different type of registry. I have also heard good things about honeyfund.com. Good Luck! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you! I was thinking the same thing. I appreciate your feedback. I think I would've gotten eaten alive on the etiquette board. It's a bit "judgey" on that board!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    You definitely would have lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    i think word of mouth that cash is needed to fix up the house is ok, as me and finace have huge familes and anything by word of mouth travels fast. but again i would give a couple options, and again we are in new mexico and i for one do not judge
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards