Arizona-Tucson

Dress shops?

Hi everyone, So I live down in Sierra Vista, so I will be doing my dress shopping up in Tucson. Anyone have any shop suggestions for Tucson? I'm looking for a place with affordable (<$1,000) dresses available, as well as good service. I'm heading to Bridal Affair this Saturday, but read some not-so-nice reviews of the store online earlier that have me concerned. Any suggestions of shops would be greatly appreciated! Happy planning! Katie

Re: Dress shops?

• edited December 2011
    I got my dress from Alfred Angelo. They have beautiful dresses and more of a boutique feel than David's Bridal. I looked at ALOT of dresses myself. David's Bridal was nice but they are very commercialized in my opinion. Alfred Angelo definitely made me feel like a bride! They were very understanding and (I don't know if this matters to you) but carried sample dresses in all different sizes to try on. They are really affordable in my opinion also. I got my dress for $700. They have some that are more expensive and less expensive. Just depends on what you are looking for. I would suggest looking at their website www.alfredangelo.com before you go just to get an idea of what you'd like to try on. Doing that definitely helped me. Tina the manager was great and my consultant Stacey was absolutely amazing!! Stacey was soo patient and energetic at the same time. Everytime I have gone back since, I always see her smiling and is happy to see me. She made me feel like I'm the only bride she's ever helped. I had a great experience with them! Sorry if that was a little long hehe. I would def recommended checking them out! ~Mary
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Mary! Thanks so much for the suggestion! Funnily enough, the day you posted that, I was on my way into Alfred Angelo to try on dresses! Jenna was my consultant - she was amazing! I found a dress there that MIGHT be my dress, but I'm heading over to A Tailor, A Tux and Bridal to try on some dresses by Mori Lee that caught my eye -- but I loved working with Jenna so much that I almost purchased the dress just to give her the commission/help her numbers (whichever one it is!) Do you have any experience with the Tailor, Tux store? They sound very knowledgeable on the phone - I'm hoping they're as helpful in person! Wish me luck! And thanks again! Katie
  • edited December 2011
    I don't personally have any experience with A Tailor. I have heard mixed reviews about them though. Some have said they loved it and some said it was really bad. I wish I could offer more help. Let me know how it goes. I was the same kinda bride. Even after I put on the dress (that ended up being MY dress) I wanted to try on all my options. But I kept coming back to the one and after the second or third time putting it on, I couldn't imagine wearing anything else. What item # is the one that might be it? I'd love to see it :o) ~Mary
  • edited December 2011
    Anyone out there still looking for a dress should try the tailor on Limberlost and Stone. I forget what it's called, but they have plenty of samples and dresses up to size 24. Their seamstresses are awesome too! Just drive north on Stone past Roger until you see the scissors on the right and turn in.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know what kind of dress you want, but I got mine at Pour Moi Women's Boutique at Campbell and River. It's not a bridal store, but they carry Nicole Miller's line.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards