New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Engagement Pics Timing?

We finally added another check!!! We booked Jose Reyes Photography this week!! The package was a little more than we wanted to spend, but he combined a lot of what we were looking for & more.  

When do you ladies think we should schedule our engagement session?  Our wedding is in September, so I was thinking October to catch the awesome fall colors, but I'm open to hear other recommendations/ideas!

Re: Engagement Pics Timing?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I Got Married in Sept & did my pictures the Nov before bc of the pretty scenery so Oct should be fine..
  • Options
    MidgetteMidgette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did it really late lol
    Got married in June did them in April of the same year lol

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think definitely the falll for the pics. I love the colors of fall. You can even wait out till November(beginning) There will be more leaves on the ground by then.
    Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mid- October would be beautiful with the leaves!

We never got around to doing engagement pictures (no time). But had we done them, I wanted either fall because we started dating in fall, or winter because we got engaged at Christmas time. And with a June wedding, I wanted a contrast. But, unfortunately, never got around to doing them.

So with a September wedding - you may have summer-like weather, so mid-October would be great! Or like pp suggested, November would have leaves on the ground.

But, they will be beautiful no matter what you decide! (And remember, you can do them anytime. Obviously, if you want to use them for save the dates, you would have to do them early enough. But to display at your wedding, anytime is ok!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards