Delaware

Problem!!!!!

Ok everyone. I am getting married May 7 and I got my dress back in July! All along I haven't felt great about the dress. This weekend I finally verbalized my feelings and  tomorrow I am going to try the dress on again and look for another dress. The style I want now is totally different from what I have now! What can I do with myfirst dress? The dress hasn't had any alterations! Does anyone have any expereince selling a wedding dress? Am I crazy? I just read in this month's The Knot magazine that 15% of brides bought a second dress they liked better than the one they already bought, soooo I can't be that crazy right?

Re: Problem!!!!!

• edited December 2011
    Nope. I did it with my first wedding.

Take a few pictures of it, and if possible, get a link from the website it's on. Post it on 1. Wedding Classifieds, 2. Ebay, 3. Craigslist.

You'll sell it on one of them. Just don't forget that for the first two options, that you'll want to know what the dress weighs when it is folded up in a box- this way you can charge an accurate amount for shipping.

Good luck finding a new dress! And this time, don't buy unless you're sure!!  :)
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • JayElleJayCeeJayElleJayCee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You definately need to be in love with your dress!! If you aren't happy then definately get another one and sell the old one!! Paprika has good ideas up there about selling. Good luck!!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • dianarjanedianarjane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks for the ideas but it was a false alarm. I tried it on today and fell in love with it again. The dress I originally tried on was ivory and I ordered white and actually seeing it on me made all the difference. I have my first fitting with the seamstress in 2 weeks! So now I am shopping for shoes and undergarments!!!! Thanks again for the help!!!!

• EiDuffyEiDuffy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    glad to hear you still love it :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Congrats on the false alarm :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards