Florida-South Florida
Options

DW in Key West

The majority of our guests, as well as FI and I, will be traveling to our Key West wedding from Chicago and Kansas City. I'm working on the information for our website and wonder for all of you KW brides who are also DW brides, how did you tell your guests to get to KW? Most of my guests will be flying in to Miami/Ft. Lauderdale. I know they can rent a car but do you know of other ways they can get from the Miami area to KW? Does the speed boat/ferry still run? Can they order transfers for a flat rate? Do you recommend any companies for this? Any suggestions are much appreciated. I feel really responsible for getting everyone from Miami to KW for some reason even though I know they are all adults and have traveled before. TIA!

Re: DW in Key West

• Options
    tiana531tiana531 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    im having a KW wedding too and KW has an airport people can transfer to when they make their flights hth!
  • Options
    SarahNESarahNE member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's buses or vans that will take you from Miami Airport down to key west and back. I'm not sure how much, but there is a few companies out there so you could shop around. Or check with the resort you are having your wedding at. Maybe they can arrange transportation for everyone. I'm having my wedding in Key West and some of my family is coming from out of state. I havn't really told anyone HOW to get there as I assume people should know where the Keys are...LOLSeriously though, block a few rooms off in a hotel for your guests and tell them this info on your website (thats what I did). They should be able to take care of the rest. If that seems like too much trouble, Travel Agents can help or even Wedding Coordinators in Key West.
  • Options
    oyepoohoyepooh member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely tell them to fly into KW unless they don't mind the drive.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That drive is hellish.There are a few small airlines that fly from FLL and MIA right into Key West. They are puddle jumpers though, so just be warned :)
    DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    SarahNESarahNE member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, I never thought of the drive as being bad, its a little less then 4 hours but very scenic. I thought the whole point to the Keys was to experience the 7 mile bridge and all the little quirky stops along the way. If you fly in, you're missing all that. I go down to Key West all the time and I love the drive :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice ladies! The website is done and STDs go in the mail next week so fingers crossed everyone gets there with as little hassle as possible!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards