September 2013 Weddings

Navy Blue & Beige? - repost

I'm re-posting this because it wasn't showing up on the board...

Hi all!!! I FINALLY booked my reception hall for 9/6/13 at Greentree Country Club in New Rochelle, NY. After looking at 13 places I'm glad we're finally all set!! I really like the idea of putting my BM's in navy blue dresses and the guys in Beige suits. I'm a little stuck on what to have the Dad's wear because I don't want them to clash with the girls. Maybe Navy Blue suits? Black wouldn't work. Also, I'm having a hard time selling my old fashioned fiance on wearing beige. I just think the nautical theme would be so cute! The venue is right on the beach and it would be perfect! Any comments/suggestions?

Re: Navy Blue & Beige? - repost

• I had to respond because I was born in New Rochelle/lived there for a few years... the venues on the water are all gorgeous!  Congrats on booking!

As for colors, I think the nautical color theme would be gorgeous, but if your FI is uncomfortable with it, what about putting him and the guys in navy suits across the board and the girls in beige dresses (with maybe some sort of navy sash or flower or something)?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Love your color scheme! Perhaps you could put the dads in grey?

Good luck getting your man on board!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am actually doing Navy blue dresses for my BM and then the guys will be in grey suits. So excited! I think I may use pink as an accent and flower color.
  • GinaRD-MY BM's will be in navy blue as well, and the flowers will be pink.  I LOVE those colors together.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Absolutely love that color scheme. Congrats!

Response to Re:Navy Blue :[QUOTE]GinaRDMY BM's will be in navy blue as well, and the flowers will be pink.nbsp; I LOVE those colors together. Posted by KelleyKelz[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards