Maryland

Gramercy Mansion, Cerisville Mansion, or Chesepaeake Bay club reviews?

Hi everyone,

I am closer to narrowing down my final wedding venue! I just need some extra help deciding. If anyone has had or been to a wedding at these locations. Please let me know any recommendations or suggestions.

Thanks!

Re: Gramercy Mansion, Cerisville Mansion, or Chesepaeake Bay club reviews?

• kwumdkwumd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dad is a musician and has played at Chesapeake Bay Beach club and it was one he suggested to me at first because it was nice. I was also considering Gramercy Mansion and when I went the lady that showed me the place didn't seem to care at all, which really turned me off to the place, though may just have been a fluke. Dunno if that helps any or not :)
  • ginamarie3ginamarie3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to weddings at Ceresville and Chesapeake Bay Beach Club. They were both beautiful with great food, but they have completely different atmospheres. Ceresville has that historic mansion, traditional feel. Chesapeake Bay Beach Club felt more relaxed and modern to me, but I think thats just a preference thing. Both brides had nothing but great things to say about both venues and the staff. I also went to look at Gramercy Mason and like PP said, the staff was a big turn off because she seemed totally uninterested. I hope that's helpful!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going to be a Ceresville bride next June!  I haven't been to the other two sites, but I was really impressed with the attention and service my FI and I received (and are still receiving) at Ceresville.  Day Of Coordinator is included in the rental fee, which is really great, and it's so easy to get in touch with my coordinator through the website.  I was also really impressed with the chef--amazing chocolate-covered strawberries, among other things.  Good luck with your choice!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am also a Ceresville bride for next September! My FI and I decided that of all the places we saw, this was the most affordable, but also having a great atmosphere and have heard nothing but good reviews! Good luck!
    imageimage BabyFetus Ticker Our Pregnancy Journey! -- http://when2bcomeone.blogspot.com/
  • edited December 2011
    IDK.. Didnt like the fact that Ceresville has two weddings a day so you kind of feel rushed if you get the first slot.. Plus I heard from a reliable source that they prep the food days ahead of time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    This is pretty late sorry but have you looked into Celebrations at the Bay? I was also looking at the Gramercy and Chesepaeke Bay club, but fell in love with Celebrations. I just went there on Monday, its amazing and the people are great. Its right on the ocean if that's what you are looking for and they include everything in their price, full open premium bar unlimited, menu includes guest being greeted with raspberry lemonade, cocktail hour, champagne strawberries and perrier with lime, served hors d'oeuvres (you pick 6 out of 150) Stationary Hors D'Oeuvres (pick 3) 1st course salad, then main dinner you pick 2 entree's and you get a coffee bar, a chocolate fountain with many things to be dipped and they make your wedding cake! plus they include all the equipment (chairs,tables,china,flatware,glassware,linens all to match your theme) staff, the space. So the only thing you would really have to pay for is the flowers, pictures and music!
    website is : http://www.cateringbyuptown.com/celebrationsatthebay/

Jen
  • edited December 2011
    The Gramercy is awesome, my cousin got married there.  We had a blast at the wedding and the grounds are gorgeous!  Wish we had gotten married there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards