Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Any suggestions on churches for a ceremony

Hey guys!  My fiance and I are getting married in New Orleans and we currently live  Los Angeles.  We are not Catholic, but a lot of churches that I have found are.  Do any of you have any suggestions?  Our reception is at Loews Hotel and I want the ceremony to be close, just not far away from the reception.  Also, one more thing.........do you know of a church that will allow my dad to take part of marrying us?  My dad is a pastor in MS and I really will like for him to marry us as well or at least do some part of the ceremony.  Thanks!! 

Re: Any suggestions on churches for a ceremony

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Although many of the churches are Catholic...they are many that are Baptist, Methodist, etc.  I found my church at neworleanschurches.com 
    It gives you the names of churches and pictures of them.  The churches are willing to work with you and I am sure they will allow your dad to preform the ceremony.  I am not sure which type of religion you belong to, but there are many churches here that will work!  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, if you want the church to be near Loews, you're somewhat limited.  Do you mean a short driving distance, which would open the door to dozens of churches?  Or do you mean walking distance, in which case you are limited to about 2 churches.  Pull up Loews on Google maps then search for churches nearby.  It will give you a better sense of what is near.

The closest to Loews would be St. Patrick's.  Gorgeous, but it is a Catholic church (as is the stunning and iconic St. Louis Cathedral in the French Quarter).  While you should certainly ask about including your father in the ceremony, Catholic churches will definitely require a Catholic priest to preside over the ceremony.  So, again, if you want a church within walking distance, you may be completely out of luck when it comes to having your father preside, even partically, over the wedding.  You'd have to be willing to open up to driving distance in order to have that stipulation, as other denominations are more open to such requests.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards