Missouri-Kansas City

Outdoor Ceremony/Reception

I didn't realize this was going to be so hard but I guess part of it is out budget. I'm looking for a outdoor location to hold the ceremony and reception for about 5 hours during the day for about 100 people.I've looked through posts and looked at a few different places but their waaaay out of our price range.We need to include everything (location, litte finger food, est.) for around $2,000.Can that be done?  Please help.

Re: Outdoor Ceremony/Reception

• edited December 2011
    I would start with asking friends and family if they have a fairly large yard that you can use.  With an outside wedding you'll have to rent chairs.  Feeding 100 people may become costly.  I kwno we are doing pulled pork.  We bought our meat for a little over 1 a lb.  at Sam's club.  to feed 100 people I'd say go with about 35 lb's of meat.  We're smoking it and going to go to the bread store, Wonder, to get sliced bread.  We bought BBQ sauce from Sam's too.  Beverages I would go with Tea, Koolaid, and water.  Umm....  Sides to your meal...  I would say do potato salad or macaroni salad.  hmm.. :)  Macaroni and cheese would be easy too.  Also you might see if close family can bring side dishes or have a potluck.  There is a place in Paola to where you can rent items for what I've found to be cheaper, Gerken Rental.  Decorations i would definatly go with collecting the Michaels and joann's coupons and buying things slowly now.  I just know that it's hard to do it all for really cheap.  just make sure you make a budget and STICK to it.  There are alot of things that you really don't need for a wedding to happen.  Have you done your invitations???  I woudl suggest making them.  I made mine for less than 25 cents each  :)  It's possible.  I will keep looking around maybe i can find some better ideas.
  • edited December 2011
    If you can't find a large yard, a lot of the lakes have shelter houses that they reserve for next to nothing, which also gives you picnic tables rather than having to rent as many chairs [I'm sure you'd still have to rent some.]  I know you're looking for outdoor, but Wyandotte County Lake also has James P Davis hall, which is a stone building that has two rooms to it -- one with a stage that's perfect for the ceremony and the other that connects to a kitchen with an open window through it.  They also have chairs and tables already there, I believe -- I'm sure you could call and find out. =]  It's also gorgeous for pictures -- both rooms have multiple double glass doors that open onto the stone patio behind overlooking trees and the lake.
  • DandAJonesDandAJones member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure where you're wanting to look but I had a good friend have her ceremony at Rotary Park in Blue Springs. They moved their reception to the American Legion Hall down the street and I know just for the park it was only 20-30 bucks for the entire day. I'm not sure if they allow for receptions but it's worth checking out! HTH!
  • peppiehartpeppiehart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might try the Wynbrick Center in Liberty.  We are having our ceremony there in May next year and I think they are very reasonable.  They will work with you and your price range.
  • cuitz13cuitz13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I HADE MY WEDDING AT MEWDOWVIEW GARDENS AND THEN DID THE RECEPTION AT OUR HOUSE WE HAVE A BIG YEARD BUT AS FAR AS  A PLACES FOR BOTHER FOR THAT PRICE GOOD LUCK I COULDN'T FIND ANYTHING
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards