Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Cupcakes

I am in love with the idea of cupcakes at our reception. No cutting. No worries of ten million flavors, kinds of frosting, just simple. We are going away to get married and then coming back and having a casual reception with family and close friends. Also I bought a giant cupcake mold (bake a cake in the top and bottom, put the pieces together and frost). It turns out to look like a giant cupcake. I thought this maybe a good idea for the bride/groom feed each other cake thing. I saw it at a wedding and it turned out really well. Dilemma. I haven't been able to find a cupcake stand that doesn't look stupid, is not excessively overpriced and I don't really want to rent one.

Re: Cupcakes

• kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Any chance at all you know someone who could make one for you?
  • mindiosumindiosu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our site coordinator is going to make several levels of boxes and cover them all with fabric. It will be kind of like having the cupcakes all around the table but in a uniform way. I am also going to have one small silver cake stand with crystals hging down (kind of vintage) that I found for about $12 at TJ Maxx for the small cake we are using for the cake cutting.  HTH!  I love cupcakes :)
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with the box idea. I've seen hat boxes stacked ad it looked sooooooooo cute! Here is a page that has different stands and where to find them. I love the Target one. :) [url]<a href="http://www.weddingcupcakes.org/wedding_cupcake_stands.html" rel='nofollow'>http://www.weddingcupcakes.org/wedding_cupcake_stands.html</a>[/url]
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • jenshakajenshaka member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know when your wedding is, but if you have time to track some down, I am actually doing cupcakes at my wedding too.Instead of one of those cupcake stands, I purchased 3 cake pedestals instead.Here is the link to the pic:[url]http://yfrog.com/0en5045767471651161608099j[/url]I bought 2 of them from TJMaxx and the bottom (biggest) one I bought off of ebay.
  • mindiosumindiosu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe even easier/cheaper- what our coordinator is doing iwth the boxes is covering them all with a table cloth fabris so that the whole table is one piece with varying heights/levels for all of the cupcakes.  You can do that with cardboard boxes and using the table cloths you have/are getting.
  • jbaker333jbaker333 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try: saveoncrafts.com. We found a cupcake tree that holds 300 for less than $40.
  • edited December 2011
    i also bought a cardboard cupcake stand at save on crafts. then i painted it brown, and hot glued ribbon to all the edges. it came out really well, and i think it will look elegant but not too fussy... exactly why i wanted cupcakes to begin with! good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards