Oregon
Options

extra space at my venue

We just booked Miller Hall at the World Forestry Center for our summer 2010 wedding. It was the only venue we LOVED and even though it is quite bigger than we need, we still wanted it!We are expecting about 100 people and it comfortably fits 250. Has anyone dealt with a similiar situation and if so how did you fill space? Or, did you just arrange things so it didn't feel so empty?Thanks!

Re: extra space at my venue

• Options
    VitaLunaVitaLuna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know I'm not helping to answer your question, but do you mind sharing what the rental cost was for Miller Hall? It looks amazing!And I would guess spread the tables a little more, make the buffet double sided and leave extra room next to the wall, spread the buffet food out more (taking up more tables) make a bigger dance floor (although too big would make it seem empty), have a table that has some photos of you (takes up space), etc.
    imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi-The space cost $2500 to rent, which was actually the same price as all the other places we were looking at! We will have our ceremony and reception there.The coordinator who showed us around is super nice too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Can you block part off? It will be really hard to make a room thats 2x too big seem full. Are you have the ceremony inside too? Having a cocktail hour? If you are you could use different sections for different parts to make "rooms". Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For the low price of $100 + a piece of cake, I would be willing to attend your wedding to help fill in the extra space.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ditto cali, and I can arrange to bring 20+ friends haha
    My little loves
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards