Michigan-Lansing

East Lansing (or near area) Manicure & Pedicure Places?

I am trying to get some ideas of good places to go to get a manicure and pedicure in East Lansing or near the area!  Also - I am hoping to find someplace with reasonable prices!  If anyone can help me out let me know!!

Re: East Lansing (or near area) Manicure & Pedicure Places?

• edited December 2011
    I am wondering the same thing.  I want to avoid the nail salons in the malls, so if anyone has any other suggestions, I'd love to hear them too.
  • patriciamfoxpatriciamfox member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I would also like to avoid the places in the malls!  =)

I looked into Douglas J because they do but I thought I would try to see other options to see if I found something that would be cheaper.  At Douglas J to get both a manicure and pedicure as a french manicure it would cost me $73 which I thought seemed kind of expensive - but maybe I am wrong!
  • kmwingluvrkmwingluvr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think $73 is too bad actually, most places charge around $40 just for a pedicure.

I'm getting a full set of nails and a pedicure at Personal Image Salon and Spa in the Frandor area.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ChipGirl11ChipGirl11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really like Royal Nails in the plaza with Biggby and Cookie by Design on the corner of Jolly and Okemos.  I think that's technically Okemos but they do really good work and seem to be reasonably priced. 
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto for Royal Nails on the corner of Jolly and Okemos.  I've been going there for 2 years and I love them!  Pedicure's are $30 and you can add a mani for an additional $10.  GREAT PRICES!  My wedding party is using them for the day of the rehearsal.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    222 Invited image
    173 Ready to Party image
    49 Missing Out image
    0 Not Replied image
    RSVP Date: May 20, 2011
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for asking this!  I had the same question :)
  • gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    My DD and I did a test run of the OPI Axxium shellac nails at Salon Meridian yesterday.  It was $27 but they are supposed to last for 2 weeks without any chipping or breaking,  It then costs $10 to have them removed.  If they work we figured it would be worth a little extra money because we are pretty rough on manicures and it would be nice to get it done a few days before the wedding and not have to worry about it.

They also do pedicures (regular and shellac) but we didn't test those out.
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my hair trial at Stillmans Modern Barber and they also do shellac.  My hair dresser was telling me about it.
  • patriciamfoxpatriciamfox member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes I actually just discovered Shellac which might make getitng my nails done so much easier for me!  It is going to be nuts for me to try to fit nails and toes in the day of or before the wedding but I was going to try too!  If I do the Shellac I can do it Thursday which would work out perfect and if I do that I can actually have them done in Jackson instead of Lansing since that is where I will be!

For those of you who have done the Shellac is it as good as it sounds?  =)
  • gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Week one with the shellac nails is now complete and there are no chips or cracks in the polish.  It looks just as good as it did when we left the salon.  I think we've found a winner for the wedding.  I'm going to try and keep it up until the wedding so hopefully my nails will grow out a bit between now and then.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards