Vermont
Options

Affordable DJ

I really don't want to spend more than $1000 (hopefully under that!) for a DJ. I saw in another post that someone mentioned Jim Severance of Music Mix Mobile DJ service, His website says he charges $600. From what I can tell from looking around, this seems to be way under what other VT DJs charge.  Has anyone used him? Is this a case of "you get what you pay for?" Are there other affordable (good!) DJs?

Re: Affordable DJ

• Options
    subdolasubdola member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Soundrock, it was $950 for 5 hours, plus tip, and it came with a light show thing for the dance floor (which I thought might be cheesy, but wasn't, in fact it made the pictures of the dancing much better).  They were good, very professional, good selection of music, not cheesy. 
    We're currently on a 15 month trip around the world!
    **Check out our travel blog**
    Planning Bio Married Bio
  • Options
    karynjoelkarynjoel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It was probably me who posted about him. Jim is the Program Director and Afternoon Drive DJ for Froggy 100.9 in Barre, VT. He doesn't charge much because it's a side job for him and likes to make it affordable. He does a great job, easy to work with, and has a lot of expirience. Our wedding was this past weekend, and everything was awesome.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Soundrock last Fall. They are great! Everything was perfect and the rates were pretty good. There are cheaper DJs if that's what you want. I saw one guy doing weddings for like $500, but I can't remember his name and I have no idea if he is any good. I'd say soundrock is a really good deal and they have good references on the Knot.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used El Folio for our July 4th wedding and he was awesome. He charged $800 for I think it was 6 hours. He also had the light show which was kinda neat. Overall we were really pleased with him. The dance floor was packed all night long and he played anything/everything we asked him to. He also was a great MC and kept everything according to the timeline I had given him.
    T&Y Est. 7/4/2009

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker ?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards