Catholic Weddings

Engaged Enrichment Program this weekend

FI and I have our Engaged Enrichment Program (not sure if this is a regional name in my area but it's our Pre-Cana day retreat thing that's required) this Saturday.

We're not really sure what to expect and so I was going to see if anyone on here has any insight from experience.

Some of these things usually end up being more fun or useful than they appear...I hope so!

Re: Engaged Enrichment Program this weekend

• edited December 2011
    Yes, Engaged Encouter is a national program. My husband and I attended an EE weekend as part of our marriage prep back in March. It was a very eye opening and wonderful experience. My best suggestion is to have an open heart and mind. Although we had talked about a lot things they covered prior to attending, we also learned a lot from the couples that were there.

If you look back a few pages on this board, I know there have been some threads on EE weekends, what to expect, etc.
  • edited December 2011
    Ah, sorry.  I haven't been on this board before so didn't see the prior posts...thanks!!
  • edited December 2011
    A lot of the ones talked about further back on the board sound like they're weekend retreat-type deals.  Ours is just one Saturday from 9-4pm.  I'm assuming this must be the same thing.  Maybe in Wisconsin (where we're getting married and doing our marriage prep) they do it more efficiently lol?
  • edited December 2011
    I have heard of that option as well, but like I mentioned above, H and I did the EE weekend retreat where we had to be there Friday night and it ended Sunday afternoon. Every dioceses and even priest can be different about the requirements, so I am sure it will cover similar topics, but maybe just not as in depth as we did. We had priest present, a lady who was an instructor for NFP, and 2 different couples; one with older, grown kids and one that was still raising a family. They each talked about the challenges and struggles and ways to get through it.

I am sure there are some girls on there that did a one day event similar to what you will be doing.
  • edited December 2011
    Ours is a one-day program. We are required to do two other classes on the topic, so NFP will not be covered in ours. I think that the basic topics the programs cover are pretty similar (communication, finances, sexuality, families, etc.). Just the names are different. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, I believe this is the only thing we're required to attend.  I'm not sure how in-depth each of the topics will be discussed.  We were given a list of a bunch of your standard topics and asked to pick our top 2-3 priority subjects (I think I put down finances, conflict resolution, and something else that I can't remember so must not be all that prioritized lol).  I'm not sure if this will be used to divide us into smaller groups to focus on what we prioritized or if it was just used to sort of gauge enthusiasm on some topics lol.

We shall find out this Saturday!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards