South Carolina-Charleston

Charleston Themed Favors?

Ok ladies I need help!
Our wedding is a beach ceremony on Sullivan's Island and our reception is at the Pavilion at Patriots Point. I'm totally stumped for wedding favors. I really don't have a theme, nor do I like extremely beachy themed favors. Thought maybe since we are making Charleston a destination wedding, it should be themed around Charleston, and if so WHAT?????????
Thanks ;)

Re: Charleston Themed Favors?

• Jeni1090Jeni1090 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OK, I don't know your circle of friends, how many, etc. so take this with a grain of salt...

I was told "do favors right, or don't do them" by some "Old Charleston"-type friends.  The only couple I've seen do favors did engraved mint juleps.  It was about $2K for 150 of them.  We're not doing favors.  None of my firends (aside from the one couple) had favors at their weddings.

Having said that, if favors are expected by your crowd, Something invoking the Rainbow Row image, the Palmetto, or the Ravenel Bridge could be a good alternative.  You can find mementos (Brooches, ornaments, knicknacks) all over the shops downtown

• edited December 2011
    Though not totally unique to Charleston, pralines might be an idea. Some of the candy shops downtown will package them for you to give as favors.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • eljones17eljones17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sweetgrass roses - you can find someone downtown to make them for a decent price.  They are perfect for out of town guests to take home!
  • edited December 2011
    Pralines, benne wafers, Charleston chews are some good ideas for sweets. There's a company called Market Street Munchies that sells a lot of this stuff. Also, this company has some pre-mixed bags of She Crab Soup and some other food items. It's by a company called Gullah Gourmet. Those would be some inexpensive favors for your guests to taste Charleston.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing mason jars filled with different item, the smaller jars have pralines, the largest jars have the dry ingedients to a cookie mix (Old fashoined tea cakes) and on the tag attached to the jar has the directions to make the cookies, we are also attaching a charleston tea plantation tea bag with the cookie mix. The middle size jars have a bath salt made by me, or coffee beans or grounds since we will be moving to Seattle. The pralines and the charleston tea plantation tea bags are very charleston. You could consider items to make sweet tea put together somehow. 
  • DemedollDemedoll member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing adirondack chair picture frames. Not Charleston specific but good for beach weddings I think.
  • Sabrinaf33Sabrinaf33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was considering doing  glasses (16oz mixing/drinking glasses) and having a picture of a Charleston landmark included on it. I was also going to include our names and the date. Thinking maybe the bridge or the Morris Island lighthouse or the Palmetto tree. I found them for under $2.5o including shipping. Just going to add some ribbon and a thank you tag. Also, I am debating using them to tie the seating placards to since it is an outdoor event.

I hope you get some great ideas. We also wanted something Charleston based, but we didn't have any luck finding ornaments or magnets that were customizable within our budget.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards