Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

More Bad Band

I can't post a reply for some reason...The band was called "Prayer", but the way to find them (or AVOID THEM) is to NEVER work with Iris Gillon, "Iris Gillion Music n Celebrations", or IGMC.  She doesn't listen, they charged us $4000 (!!!!!! I know!!!!!) to hold a second date when our venue couldn't confirm between June 20 and June 27 that was NON REFUNDABLE and NON APPLICABLE to the cost of the band.  She just shoved it in her pants and walked away.  And then, when they totally messed up, by playing songs TWICE, not playing songs on the must play list including a song that we took lessons to dance to (Sam Cooke's "Twistin the Night Away"), took a huge break near the end of the night, asked repeatedly for alcohol (and when the catering staff/manager told them no due to liability reasons, they had the BALLS to ask my husband to get them drinks), etc.We thought it was fair to ask them for the $4000 back, plus half the cost of our dance lessons.They are dragging their feet and making up some story about doing a research "report" on it.  DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Re: More Bad Band

• Options
    Did you have a contract?  Why in the world would you give them a non-refundable deposit of $4000 for a date you weren't even using?  It was shady on their part for asking for it, but I can't believe you would give it to them.
  • Options
    Ditto Navybaby. There's not a chance in hell that I'd give any company a $4k non-refundable deposit. A contract is there to protect you in case a vendor does not fulfill their job requirements. If you have a contract that clearly outlined what was expected of them, and they didn't do it, then take them to court if you have to.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards