Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Wedding reception band

Hi All, I have been looking all over the Cape board for reception band recs but haven't found anything, there were a couple on the Boston board that were helpful.  I have also noticed a lot of people are using DJs , but we really would like live music.  So for those of you that might be out there, any good recs Cape or otherwise? Thanks!

Re: Wedding reception band

• edited December 2011
    I am using Men In Black from Hank Angency. They are a Boston Band, but only charge a small travel fee to go to the Cape. When we started looking we found bands from 4-7K... but we thought live music was so important that we splurged! If you have any questions let me know! I would be happy to help provide any info. I've seen MIB at another wedding and they were fantastic.
  • edited December 2011
    What type of music are you looking for?  We used the Back Bay Rythm Makers (a subset of the White Heat Swing Orchestra), and they were fantastic.  But they only play big band and swing music.  Let me know if you have any questions - and good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I LOVE the Slackers out of Brewster/Orleans. I would have loved to have them play my wedding if dealing with the ferry wasn't such a hassle. You can go see them play on Thursday nights at the Woodshed in Brewster. Trust me, you won't be disappointed!
  • edited December 2011
    Try Bruce Abbott, he plays with a jazz band and you can get as many members of the band that you want.  if you google him he has a website.  He's based out of Brewster.
  • edited December 2011
    We had the Mike Benjamin Band (from Martha's Vineyard)- They were AMAZING and the highlight of the reception!! Couldn't have asked for anything better:) www.mikebenjaminmusic.com
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto Gem Song on Mike Benjamin!! He is AWESOME. So sad he was booked on my wedding date :(
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all your advice ladies.  I actually ended up booking a Boston-based band that one of my friends had at her reception a few years back.   They fit well in my budget, they are called The Return in case anyone else is interested. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards