California-San Diego

Rehearsal Dinner Suggestions - Downtown San Diego

Hello Friends.I am looking for any brilliant suggestions for a rehearsal dinner.  Our wedding will be in downtown San Diego and most of the guests will be staying there - I would love something in walking distance.  We will be around 100 people.  Any ideas?  I would love a cost conscience option.Thanks!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Suggestions - Downtown San Diego

• edited December 2011
    Buca di Beppo (seriously), they do a great job with very large crowds and are very affordable. And their food rocks! There is on in the heart of downtown (6th street), check it out! HTH
    ~Margaret (and Nick)~
    Post-Wedding Life Blog!
    A10 Siggy Challenge: Next Vacation Destination: San Francisco!
  • daniellepandadaniellepanda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the hard rock hotel has a nice restaurant with special rooms for events that can accommodate 100 people you could reserve. the hotel is by the convention center in the gaslamp district. but i dont thinks its really cost conscience. I believe that buca Di beppo or however its spelled haha would be the cheapest place downtown for that many people
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I second Buca! I was going to have my rehersal there, but we decided to have a BBQ in Mission Bay.
  • edited December 2011
    Buca would be a great place for 100 people...They serve family style meals, which, while expensive for 2-3 people, is actually really a good price for large parties.Another option which would be good (but I believe for 100 people would require a 48 hour reservation) would be The Old Spaghetti Factory, also located downtown on 5th Ave. It's within walking distance of most of the major hotels and the Convention Center, and is about $10-$15/person, depending on what's ordered. That price usually includes your drink, soup/salad, and spumoni ice cream, which is really a decent deal. You can also check out Buster's Longboard Bar & Grill over at Seaport Village, as they have several banquet rooms, but they're probably going to be more expensive (although, they tend to serve a mix of foods, rather than just Italian...) Your call. :)
  • ninajonninajon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for all the great ideas... I think The Old Spaghetti Factory may be perfect... Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards