Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Grand Exit

I'm trying to picture the ending of the wedding and wondering what people are doing to signal it's over.  I don't just want the night to fizzle out at the end.  What are you ladies doing?  Anything picture-worthy?

Re: Grand Exit

• Options
    Yes!  I think at most local weddings (as will be the case at mine), if you dont second line from the ceremony location to the reception location -- it goes without saying that the second line will be at the end of the ceremony.

After the second line, we will have ribbon wands for guests to grab and waive as we depart the reception venue to the limo.  This is the etsy shop that we are going to order the wands from: http://www.etsy.com/shop/craftupyourlife
  • Options
    Super cute!  Thanks.  Switching around the 2nd line is also a great idea because I was thinking it would be more fun at night anyhow.
  • Options
    It does make for much more entertaining photos and videos at the end of the night, once everyone has had several drinks :)

I'll try to remember to post pictures after my wedding for you to see!
  • Options
    We did our second line after the ceremony. The DJ simply announced the last song of the evening and everyone filtered out after saying goodbyes. Easy peasy.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_grand-exit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:5fa7b33c-dfa1-4865-906f-df66865b646bPost:df7ed7b2-f3da-4138-b134-9b3cefb272d7">Re: Grand Exit</a>:
    [QUOTE]It does make for much more entertaining photos and videos at the end of the night, once everyone has had several drinks :) I'll try to remember to post pictures after my wedding for you to see!
    Posted by silverspark7[/QUOTE]

I think that's exactly what I'll do. Looking forward to your pics :)
  • Options

We picked up a bunch of sparklers around the 4th of July, so we are going to give the guest sparklers to hold while we exit to a carriage.  (I did make sure that the hotel had no issues with sparklers outside on their property before deciding to do so.)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards