Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Wearing a slip?

Do any of you guys still wear slips under skirts and dresses? I stopped when I was 8 when my mom stopped forcing me too. But I heard them referenced on TV yesterday and I was wondering if I was just acting like a hooch by not wearing one.

Re: Wearing a slip?

• Options
    You ain't nothin' but a hoochie mama! HOOD RAT HOOD RAT HOOCHIE MAMA!
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    I should add that my SIL wears one all the time, but she's kinda Little House on the Prairie, so I didn't think it counted.
  • Options
    No slip for me! 
  • Options
    It depends on the skirt.  I wear them under skirts that cling to my legs, or skirts that are somewhat see through.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    HOOD RAT HOOD RAT HOOCHIE MAMA!ManI love them big brown eyes...and the way you shake them thighs!
  • Options
    I do sometimes.  If it's something clingy or if I think the dress might blow up.  I'd rather people see my slip than my panties (or my cooch since I don't always wear panties).  Yes, I said panties.
  • Options
    I prefer my petticoat.
  • Options
    I have never worn a slip in my life.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    99.9% of my skirts and dresses are lined, therfore removing the need for a slip.  But if I was wearing an unlined skirt that was see through or clingy, then yes I would wear one.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yes, for certain sheer dresses or skirts -, I have what I call a liner.  It probably is a slip.  I like wearing it because it smooths out lines as well.  But yeah, sounds like you may be hoochin' it up! 
  • Options
    I dont wear one, but should sometimes.
  • Options
    I'll wear it if the dress is clingy because it creates smoother line and the fabric won't get caught on lacy underwear.  It depends on the dress.
  • Options
    I don't own a slip, but I have a few skirts that I think need a slip.  Very clingy or a bit see through.  Maybe I should buy one.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    Most suit skirts have liners so a slip would be extra and not necessary.  Unless the skirt/dress is sheer I don't wear one anymore.  I think not wearing undies under your skirt/dress though would jump you onto the hooch bandwagon.
  • Options
    i only buy lined skirts, therefore no slip necessary.  if i do have the rare occasion where the item is not lined and see-thru, i'll wear one, but honestly, i cant tell you the last tiem i was in that situation.
  • Options
    My grandmother use to make me wear them. I came home from school one day around the age of 6 and my slip was showing, she damn near died, never made me wear one again. So, no.
  • Options
    Trifury - I'm OK being on the hooch wagon sometimes. 
  • Options
    I have a tight slip that sucks in all my rolls if that's what you mean.  If you're talking about those silky things...nope.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I'm with tlv - I don't own a slip. You may be acting like a hooch, but not by virtue of your lack of slip.
  • Options
    Julez: Can't get on that wagon myself for skirts but there all the time for pants and shorts.  Can't get the Britany Spears thing out of my head to try it.
  • Options
    I don't, but none of the skirts/dresses really need one. If I did, then I guess I would.
  • Options
  • Options
    I do if my dress is thin or see through. 
  • Options
    I finally broke down & bought one last year.  I don't wear it often but there are a couple dresses that I own that really do need one. 
  • Options
    Yeah, I have some J Crew dresses that I wear with tights, and since the liner is cotton, it sticks to my thighs.  So I wear slips with those.  I also have a cashmere dress that sometimes I wear with tights and sometimes I don't, but I always wear a slip with it so that it doesn't ride up.
  • Options
    I personally do not own one, however, a lady at my job constantly wears them and they CONSTANTLY show!
  • Options
    I'm wearing one right now! I'm wearing a pique polo shirt dress where it's basically just a polo shirt that continues down to the knees.  There's no liner, so I feel more comfortable with the slip.
  • Options
    I admit that I've been wearing them more as I've gotten older.  Ditto betrothed, but I also find myself more aware now, especially if I don't wear one.I really want to get the shorts that are slip material.  Those seem uber comfy and safe!  I'm also a teacher, so that's part of my issue.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    In the case of the cashmere dress and the polo shirt dress a slip also helps it keep its shape around your butt.  This way when you stand up you don't have a saggy azz in the dress.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards