Arkansas

Rant :(

Ugh, so this is the second time this has happened to me, and, basically, it's my own fault because I am the most gullible person on Earth!I got a phone call today from one of the businesses that was at the bridal expo this past weekend in LR--I won a free facial! Of course, when the word "free" is thrown out there to a bride on a budget, she's going to let you know her next available date to enjoy the great prize.Well, the last time this happened, it turned out to be a sneaky little lady from Mary Kay.  This time, it's Arbonne.  I'd never heard of Arbonne before, but as soon as I googled it, I knew I'd been scammed.  The only reason I was scammed by Mary Kay was because the woman gave me a different business name.  Well, I didn't fall for it the first time and I won't this time, either.  It's just really frustrating, though!Okay, end rant :)

Re: Rant :(

• amelianguyamelianguy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's ridiculous, I know. I got a call after the NWA Bridal Expo that I'd won a free weekend in Mexico. Of course, there was all kinds of stuff being given away so even though I didn't remember signing up for a trip to Mexico, I went with it. Well, then the girl proceeded to tell me about how we'd have to come to a hotel, sit through a presentation on cookware, and then we would get our prize. So I did a little research and it turned out to be a scam. So, we just didn't go. No biggie, but it sure was annoying. I can't remember the name of the company though. But, don't always discount those drawing and stuff. FI and I did win a free engagement photo session and free prints at one bridal fair. But, it was a local photographer so we knew it was legit.
  • edited December 2011
    It can definitely get frustrating! I've been screening my calls ever since I went to the expo.  Thank goodness for voicemail and Google :)
  • sucrets4sucrets4 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't go to any expos because I'm so far away from home, but I've heard some ridiculous stories from people.  Good for you for doing your research and not getting scammed!
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards