Alabama

If you've ordered your cake come in please.

How many people does it feed and how much did you pay? I'm trying to see if the quote I got today is reasonable?

Re: If you've ordered your cake come in please.

• BamaGirl08BamaGirl08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ordered for 130. I shopped around a lot I had a range of prices per slice from $2.25 to $3. Most being around $2.75. Where are you located? I think that may factor in. I'm in Huntsville.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm in Mobile.  My quote was $400 for a three tier cake that feeds 150.  Just regular yellow cake with buttercream icing and a fondant bow on top.
  • BamaGirl08BamaGirl08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would say that's pretty good. Usually anything dealing with fondant gets a surcharge (mine only has fondant pearls, PIB) Especially in Mobile I am guess humidity is higher which makes fondant ridiculously difficult to work with! Mine is $357.50 with delivery, stand rental and cake for 130.
  • edited December 2011
    We paid $2 per slice for both the bride and groom cakes.  Pics in bio of the style of the cake.  I felt like $2 was a great price for the Huntsville area.  I've had friends that paid $4-6 per slice.
  • edited December 2011
    I live in Mobile. Delivery cost is $60 Our wedding cake is 3 tiers w/ 94 servings. Each tier is a different flavor with a different filling in it. Buttercream icing with Buttercream icing decorations. 1 tier will have a fondant bow around it. Cost is $275. Renting a cake stand from them as well for this = $20 Then for our Grooms cake we are doing Krispy Kreme donuts. The price I will give at the bottom doesn't include the cost of the donuts, which we will order and give the receipt to her and she is going to pick them up that morning. Then she is going to assemble the donuts in a pyramid shape and pour fudge over it. Our caterer will put fresh strawberries and raspberries on this because it was cheaper for them to versus the baker. Cost from baker is $50. (not including cost of 8 dozen donuts and the strawberries/raspberries from caterer) **We still need to rent the cake stand for this.** Grand total after Tax is $434.25 I definitely think this is a reasonable price.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards