Wedding Etiquette Forum

Wedding Dress Remorse

2»

Re: Wedding Dress Remorse

• No regrets. But I didn't buy mine until I was completely sure it was the one and didn't feel the need to look at more dresses. You look gorgeous in your dress! Just stop looking and focus on something else.
  • I went through the same thing but I loved mine again by the time the wedding rolled around.
  • Aww, don't even worry- that dress is beautiful on you! I actually think that's the one (or very similar) that I almost bought. It was a tough decision, it's sooo pretty!
  • I work in a bridal gown shop.... so I second guess my dress decision like every day hahaha.
  • Yes! I think every bride had this because:1. There is SO much pressure on finding the "perfect" dress.2. After you choose your dress you don't see it again for months, but your still bombarded with dress options.I had remorse over mine, but once I put it on at my first fitting, I knew it was the right one. It just took wearing it again.
  • Hi HD, It sounds like you've already bought your dress, then? I haven't purchesed mine yet, but I've got one picked out (virtually, haven't even tried it on yet!) and I have yet to see one I like more. That said, if you loved your gown when you bought it, try taking a peek at it every time you're tempted to look at other gowns ;) or start looking at other wedding-related things! Personally when I'm over looking at bridesmaid dresses, I look at place settings. And when I'm tired of that I look at shoes, etc etc.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    DW Siggy: Current Books
    White Knot
    image 149 Received the invite of the century. image 90 are coming to party with the unicorns! image 37 will miss out on the good food and eat hot pockets instead. image 22 think I'm psychic.

My Bio, updated 4/24/11
  • HDutko,I completely know how you feel. I originally bought my dress on May 17th, then when I went to pick it up, I saw another dress that I wanted to try on, I ended up exchanging my original dress, for that dress. THEN when I went to pick up the 2nd dress, I didn't like the way it fit anymore and ended up switching it out for another dress! So I am on dress # 3 now!! However, I took dress number 3 home with me that day since it fits perfectly and I am not going back to the store to even be tempted again!
  • You look very pretty in the wedding gown that you picked.  I think it is a good idea to go visit your dress or have it up on your computer to look at all the time.  I look at mine almost everyday and love it!  I am very much looking forward to wearing it.  Loved how it looked and I hope my man will be blown away when I walk down the aisle to greet him on our wedding day.:)From:  Happy and in love
  • I felt remorse but I figured it was too late. Even at my fittings, I didn't feel great. One the wedding day with my hair, makeup and veil I remembered why I bought it:) You make your wedding day what it is, so just be happy!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Just remember that the model and the dress are always touched up. Nobody looks like that in real life! Well maybe some people but I am sure they have had a lot of work done. I am a size 12 and i have found a dress I love online, but I always have to remind myself that I am never going to look like the size 2 model in the field on a perfectly sunny day lol.
  • i am the queen of second-guessing myself, and while i haven't felt this way about my dress yet, i certainly know the feeling! (you should have seen me when i was making our save-the-dates..."are you SURE this is the best picture? what about this one? maybe we should find something else...") it seems to me that saying yes to my guy was so much easier than saying yes to all the little details! try to focus on the excitement of getting married to the guy you love, because then all the little details will fade away. when i think about it that way, i could probably be convinced to get married wearing a dust-bin liner in a taco-bell parking lot! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards