Ohio-Toledo

venue help

Does anybody have any suggestions for nice reception venues for about 225-250 guests? Trying to keep the budget at $10,000. I'm trying to plan our wedding in Toledo from Florida. I like the look of Laroy's in Lasalle MI. Has anybody used it and what did you think? I'm not afraid of a little DIY but dealing with minimal vendors is ideal for me since I'm not there to deal with any issues. We both want something nice. We looked at the Sullivan Center at Gesu but wasnt overly excited with the space since it cost 1000 just to rent the hall....any suggestions would be helpful!
Thanks!

Re: venue help

• edited December 2011
    Our reception is going to be at Holland Gardens on Angloa Rd. in Holland. The people who own it also own Angola Gardens right down the street (this hall is smaller). Our hall holds a minimum of 250 (have to pay for at least that many) and I believe the smaller one holds up to 225. Their prices would be approx. what you are looking to spend, including alcohol. The hall rental is much cheaper than $1000. We looked at Gesu also, but we weren't overly excited with it either. I beieve the hall rental at Holland Gardens was around $500 for just the reception. They also have an outdoor area if you need a place for your wedding ceremony.

http://hggardens.net/home.nxg
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We had our reception at LaRoy's and I have absolutely no complaints!  We didn't use their all-inclusive package, but chose to bring in our own vendors, so I can't vouch for any of the other vendors that they provide, but the hall was great.  You get a lot of bang for your buck there, and price-wise, I couldn't find anything else that was comprable and looked as nice.

If you have any questions about LaRoy's, feel free to ask.  I can post some pics of our reception a little later as well if you'd like to see what it looks during a real event.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't really know the prices on these places but I have been to receptions at them and they seemed nice. Hilton Toledo, Parkway Place, Holland Gardens, The Old Train Station (not sure of name) and the Stranahan. Good luck with planning!! :) 
  • msbdumasmsbdumas member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    im getting married @ an art gallery called space 237 in downtown toledo with the cermoney and recepetion were paying 1675 with a 500 dep that is refundable. its very pretty and gives you a real art feel without the expense of the toledo art mesume. im so excited and can't wait....good luck with planning !!!

imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_venue-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:0678dcd2-e4e0-4269-91f3-7cbbba7a14e7Post:d038dba2-e850-48de-a530-b07af125501c">Re: venue help</a>:
    [QUOTE]im getting married @ an art gallery called space 237 in downtown toledo with the cermoney and recepetion were paying 1675 with a 500 dep that is refundable. its very pretty and gives you a real art feel without the expense of the toledo art mesume. im so excited and can't wait....good luck with planning !!!
    Posted by msbdumas[/QUOTE]

Space 237 will not hold the #s she's inviting
  • rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Youre talking $10,000 just for the reception, correct?

We had 165 people at Nazareth Hall and paid about $10,000 for it.  We did have a LOT of add-ons and upgrades, so if you stuck with the basic package, you could probably do it for $10000 and your price range.

We looked at LaRoys and really liked it, but their ceremony site sucked and we wanted to have the ceremony and reception at the same venue.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_venue-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:0678dcd2-e4e0-4269-91f3-7cbbba7a14e7Post:65c18f49-1e01-4aa1-9256-8e5046bb5e52">Re: venue help</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't really know the prices on these places but I have been to receptions at them and they seemed nice. Hilton Toledo, Parkway Place, Holland Gardens, The Old Train Station (not sure of name) and the Stranahan. Good luck with planning!! :) 
    Posted by loveplanning[/QUOTE]

The Hilton Toledo has a $10000 spending minimum before tax and gratuity, which will put you up to around $12700.  Their per person price is going to be too much for 225-250 people.  I second Parkway Place because you can bring your own alcohol so while I don't remember the pp price, it'd probably be workable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

258 invitedimage
    182 can't wait to partyimage
    76 are missing all the funimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards