Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Wedding packages

Hi ladies, I'm usually on my local CT boards, but I really appreciate all the info here. I'm starting to set up appointments and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as far as what was important to them when considering a wedding package. Here's my list so far: Engagement session At least 7 hrs of coverage 2 photographers (preferable) copyrights to images photo album All images printed or on high res CD? I'm sure I'm missing a lot more. Any suggestions? TIA!

Re: Wedding packages

• edited December 2011
    In addition to what you listed... It was important that the photographer would retouch all of the images that we were given. When I was looking I saw that some photographers only retouch the images for the album and prints that are ordered. Our photographer will retouch all of the proofs we receive. Another thing was the number of images that we would get. Some photographers would say that they would take unlimited images but then only deliver a small number of proofs. Parent albums were another thing that was important to us.
  • woodfrogswoodfrogs member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Just a note: photographers retain copyrights to their photos, what you want are "rights to print"maybe you might also be interested in an on-line gallery, a custom guest book or signature mat.You have to decide what's really important to you.
  • edited December 2011
    It might be important to find out how many locations they will travel to.  For example, you might get ready at one place, the guys another, your ceremony at another site, and finally the reception somewhere else.  I would check if the photographer will be willing to travel to all of your locations and if there will be any additional travel fees.
  • alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the most important thing to me was the photog. style and that i had rights to the full high-res pictures afterwards. nothing else in your list mattered to me, so it come down to what you want. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards