South Carolina

wedding planners in the north charlston, summerville area

Hello ladies! Congrats to everyone on their engagements. I'm new to the post board, and I see that everyone has lots of good advice and links to share. I wanted to know if anyone has used a wedding planner in the charleston or summerville area. I've been engaged for a couple of years and I'm finally taking the time to take the first couple of steps to getting this wedding on a roll. My sister is also trying to plan her wedding so this information would help both of us. If anyone has any suggestions on a local wedding planner (reasonably priced of course!) PLEASE let me know. Thanks in advance!

Re: wedding planners in the north charlston, summerville area

• edited December 2011
    Hey Peachy! I've been working with Melissa at Charleston Celebrations. She's fab and (I think) very reasonably priced. She does full service and day-of. Here's her website: www.charlestoncelebrations.com
  • peachykeen808peachykeen808 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks mp78! I'm going to check out the website!  
  • kelkigskelkigs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Melonye at Voila! Events & Design for my Day of Coordinator services for my wedding this past May and can't say enough great things about her! She also offers full Wedding Coordinator services and packages you can customize to fit your needs.www.voilaevents.com
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I appreciate all the sugguestions. I'm checking out this website as well.
  • CoffeejunkieCoffeejunkie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Melanie at By Invitation Only...Event Planning & Design www.murphyweddings.com
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Coffeejunkie!
  • edited December 2011
    Peachy, if you are comfortable with it I'd love if you'd let us know who you go with! (If not that's fine, too!)
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Amanda at Southern Chic. She was the most affordable I could find for May so far and had come with great reivews from other Knotties. We met this week and she is super sweet. http://www.southernchicweddings.com/index2.php?v=v1    
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks kriskearney! I'll check this one out too! MP78 as soon as I find out, I'll you know. I received a response from Mel at voilaevents. And she sent me something stating that full coordinating package would be 4000 and Day of coordination would be 1800. Does that sound good to you? I'm still going to check around for other planners...
  • edited December 2011
    $1800 is on the very high end (she used to charge quite a bit less from what I understand from others but maybe she is in more demand now). I tracked postings on DOC's for months before getting mine. I found most people were able to go as low as 500-600 in the off season and more around 700-800 in the main season. And they still had great reviews for the DOCs...I recently got rid a bunch of that info since I just hired amanda from Southern Chic. But some others may have some other suggestions too but really do reach out to Amanda.  
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm new to the post boards, so can u tell me what DOCs are? I'll get the hang of it soon. :) Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    Whoa, that sounds super high to me! Of course, it could depend on your wedding budget. Our budget is 10-12k and Melissa is doing full service/unlimited time coordination for us for a thousand.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WOW! 1,000! OMG that sounds good to me. When she sent the email, I thought it was a bit much too. (depending on the budget of course) But who am I to put a price on her talent. She's free to charge what she wants and I'm free to continue looking! :) Thanks
  • edited December 2011
    I highly recommend weddings by stephanie marie. I went to a HHI wedding about a year ago, and they were awesome. I ended up using them for my wedding - very reasonably priced, even have packages that are customized.www.weddingsbystephaniemarie.com
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi kikifly! Thanks for the link. I check the website out and I noticed that they seem to be from Atlanta. Is that where their office is located and they travel out to different locations? I think I checked this website out before but sort of looked over it because it wasn't in the charleston area.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MP78, I emailed Melissa and we're in the process of finding a day to meet and talk. I changed my date again so I recommended my sister to check her out since her date is set for March 20, 2010. But I'm going to tag-a-long so when I set a date I could have someone in mind. Thanks MP78, my search may be over! :)
  • edited December 2011
    That's awesome, peachy! I hope she's as helpful to you as she has been to me.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HI MP78!Well, the meeting with Melissa went extremely good. She is a very sweet woman who knows how to get the job done! My sister attended the meeting also, and she is going to work with Melissa, too! My search is now officially over! :)Thanks MP78!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Hey! I just saw this post- sorry for the delay! YAY! I'm glad you like her. I just had a long conversation with her on Thursday as our wedding is coming up (54 days, holy moses!!) GL to you and your sister!
  • edited December 2011
    Adie Lee helped me with my wedding, she was fantastic! Her website is www.catwalkandcompany.com
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry I am so late but Tracy just left the Inn at Middleton and she's working for herself: Southern Creations 843-478-0897
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards