Second Weddings

Dads and 2nd Weddings.

So I just found out that my dad doesn't think I should have a second wedding.  That is would be too emotionally hard for him to come to my wedding.  (like it wasn't hard for me to get divorced???)    My Mom thinks they will still come (since its only 45 minutes away from where they live)   Should I ask my dad to walk me down the isle??? Or ask my brother??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Dads and 2nd Weddings.

• ZachnLoriahnZachnLoriahn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I originally posted this a year ago, my husband and I weren't already married. Now we are. And they have come around slowly to the idea of at least attending the wedding ceremony. But Im ok even if they dont. My husband has never had a big "wedding" so its really important to him and his family. Thats why Im doing it! I explained this to my mom and dad and they are trying to be understanding about it...........finally. :D
  • ZachnLoriahnZachnLoriahn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh did I also mention that my husband and I were both military. So we had originally gotten married so the army would station us together, however, I opted to get out after 11 years. But my husband and I were NOT together for the first 6 months of our marriage. Another reason why it was important for us to have a "wedding" ceremony
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards