Louisiana-Baton Rouge
Options

Good dermatologists in the area?

I'm tired of my acne and oily skin and all that PITA stuff with my skin. I've once been to a dermatologist when I was about 16 for my acne, and while the stuff he prescribed me worked, I don't want to be stuck with that same stuff again and fear if I go back to him he will just prescribe me something and not really listen to what I want to do (he's not really in the room with you very long, very impersonal).I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations or even derms you DON'T recommend going to, so that I can get ideas of who to go to. I want to fix this before the wedding and sooner is better than later in this case!Thanks!

Re: Good dermatologists in the area?

• Options
    dlbrousdlbrous member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://www.thedermatologyclinic.com/doctors.htmThis website gives a list of all the physicians who work for the Dermatology Clinic in baton rouge. My fiance went there several years ago and was prescribed Accutane & had a good experience overall. As a medical professional, I would recommend requesting an appointment with one of the new graduates. Although it is not guaranteed, they may be more likely to prescribe the latest treatment rather than the same old thing you used years ago. Also there is a new medicine out Epiduo that you could inquire about at your appointment.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the help! I just booked an appointment to go see Mary Dobson, she appears to be new in dermatology and at that location so we'll see how it goes! I'm getting so frustrated with my skin and can't wait to clear it up, though Accutane scares me a bit even though you get good results :).Thanks again though!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards