Hawaii

Friend Getting Married...

Hi Ladies!

I was planning my nuptials to be in Hawaii ages ago. Our family wanted us to get married in AZ, so no Hawaii wedding for us :(

That aside, a friend of mine just started planning her wedding, and she wants to get married in Hawaii.  She doesn't really have an established budget or a particular island.  The only thing she knows is that she doesn't want it to be at a resort.

Other than resorts, can I get some venue ideas to pass along?  Any comments about them would be great also! 

Thanks ladies!
Photobucket

Re: Friend Getting Married...

• carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It would help to know the general budget your friend is working with, along with number of guests she's thinking she'll have.

There are plenty of non-resort venues on the islands.  Generally speaking, there are private homes and properties that regularly hold weddings - on Maui, Olowalu Plantation House and Sugarman Estate; on Oahu, Loulu Palm and Lanikuhonua.  Or you can get married at the property next to a restaurant, such as Gannon's on Maui, and have the reception dinner at the restaurant.  Or you can get married on the beach and have a reception dinner at a nearby restaurant.  There are many options, depending on what size/cost/feel you're looking for.
  • NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think she was looking to spend between $20,000 - $30,000 for the whole thing.  Her guest list size doesn't really matter to her, because she wants to find the venue of her dreams first and then make decisions from there.
    Photobucket
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the venues above would work with that budget.  Cateringand rentals will increase or decrease the cost, of course, but it's probably doable.

Good luck!
  • destiny1108destiny1108 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our WC helped us find our venue after Lanikuhonua was not available.  She may have some places for your friend.  www.hawaiiweddingsandevents.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards