Missouri-Kansas City

Anyone looked at Peeper Ranch?

I started looking at places for my ceremony/reception a couple weeks ago. Peeper Ranch is a horse ranch in Lenexa and they advertised in the KC Weddings magazine (Fall/Winter 2011) as a reception hall (Fountains at Peeper Ranch)
I emailed the owner Dawn Fire 2 weeks ago and never received an email back so I assumed she never got it. So I called them the next week and still haven't gotten a call or anything.
I gave up on them because if they are that hard to get ahold of now I don't want to deal with that stress closer to the wedding. I'm still a little curious though (to me that is the perfect place- location and style)... have any of you looked at it or had your reception there? Do you have any information from them? I don't even know how many people it will hold or the price so chances are it wouldn't have worked for me anyway.
Thanks!
PS I still haven't found a place yet and I'm starting to get desperate! Eeek

Re: Anyone looked at Peeper Ranch?

• edited December 2011
    Treat your trying to get in touch with no success as if it were a dating prospect. If he's not calling you, he's not worth pursuing! Maybe they had a major business matter like a fire or venue damage or something. I'd take their non communication as an indication that they may be too lax on other things, like preparing the proper wedding reception you deserve. You might be doing yourself a favor moving on and finding someone who can communication better with you! Best wishes - Amanda

Amanda M Kar | Amkar Photography | St. Louis, MO | www.amkarphoto.com
  • edited December 2011
    I had my wedding at Peeper Ranch on August 13.  It was the most amazing day of my life!  I had so many people comment that it was the best wedding they had ever been to because of the combination of the gorgeous outdoor scenery and the beautiful, elegant lobby.  Everyone was so great to work with and really cared about making my day perfect.  You will want to get ahold of Teresa Beers 913-422-0550 ext.225 to book your wedding.  I have attatched some pictures of my wedding at Peeper Ranch.  Congratulations!  I hope that your day is perfect!

• edited December 2011
    I did finally get ahold of Teresa about a week after I posted this, that's how it always happens huh? But I fell in love and put down my deposit. Thank you for the pictures, they are so pretty! And thanks for posting, it really solidifies my decision!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards