New York-Long Island

unique favor ideas?

Hey ladies, id like our favors to be unique and not to be something everoyne keeps for amonth and throws out, or even just something most wouldnt think of...id love to know all of your ideas or things that you have done or plan to be doing! thanks!

Re: unique favor ideas?

• edited December 2011
    I find edible favors are always appreciated. When's the wedding? You could do something season-related.
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • xxdacute1xxxxdacute1xx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    3/5/11
  • alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    i know what you mean! i have a ton of little knick knacks with other people's names/dates on them. blech. who wants one champagne flute with other names on it? in pink? iwth precious moments figures? ::shudder::anyway-we gave each guest a box of chocolates from bon bons. not one left. i got emailes for weeks askign where the chocolates were from...everyone loved them. i've been going to bon bons for years so it's pretty normal for me. i didn't want to give oout the godivas or anything-they're premade and nowhere near as fresh as bon bons. they'll put which ever chocolates you want in the boxes, tie wtih anything you want, attach any tags you want etc...

• xxdacute1xxxxdacute1xx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    where is bon bon located?
  • edited December 2011
    I vote edible favors. Always. FI didn't want to just have edible favors (we're having a candy bar), and we both really wanted a photobooth so we're doing a photobooth as well and getting these glass coasters to go with them. They fit a photobooth picture perfectly. We also figure if not every guest wants one, guests can take home more than one at the end of the night and have a set.Or maybe we'll even just go for the frosted glass frames.
  • alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    bon bons is on main street in huntington.

• jordanamnjordanamn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree that something edible is nice. We are probably doing a donation to someplace we care about, like the ASPCA, and then a small edible something. Bon bon chocolatier in huntington IS awesome, by the way.
  • scoobyd266scoobyd266 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the edible favors idea, and chocolate - YUMMY!!! Who doesn't like chocolate? We are doing donations to the Lustgarten Foundation for Pancreatic Cancer Research in memory of my mom, she passed away when I was in college. Friends of ours did a donation to the American Heart Association and gave out heart shaped cookie cutters with the donation card, I thought that was really cute.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We're doing scratch off lotto tickets. We're hoping someone hits it big!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Love the coasters and love the donations with the heart shaped cookie! You are all so right! People keep these things for a little bit of time - at best - and then wonder what they're supposed to do with it. A few of mine have gone in drawers with all of the other stuff I feel to guilty to throw away. My cousin writes a blog called Globetrottingbride.com. She just posted a FANTASTIC idea about a DIY photobooth. It's still on the front page of the blog at this point. Definitely check it out. I haven't spoken with my fiance about it yet (he's away and I just read her idea) but he's a bit of a toolman type of guy and I think he'll LOVE putting this together. My cousin's husband suggested just setting up a digital camera on a tripod with some sort of remote to click. I haven't yet figured out how they can get their photos but - at the very least - you can email them to most people and print them out for the computer illiterate. We're on a TIGHT budget so we're not going to do this but I suppose you could probably work something out that you have a printer at the party and find a way for them to print out the pictures after they take them. Would love everyone's take on this if you go to the site.
  • moonbeam0612moonbeam0612 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing pint glasses with our names and date on it plus a shamrock image...they just came in and are so nice and everyone who has seen them were like I will so use that again and at home. It ran me 350 for everything including excellent secure safe shipping...not one came broke. I ordered 192....hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards