Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

invitation wording

I would like my parents and my fiance's parents on the invitation. However, his parents are divorced and are both remarried. How would I write out their names?

Re: invitation wording

• It depends on whether you want to indicate that the parents are hosting, or whether you just want to list them as your parents and not necessarily hosts.So if they are all hosting the wedding, you would do this:Mr. and Mrs. John DoeMr. and Mrs. Thomas Smith (his dad and step-mom)Mr. and Mrs. George Jones (his mom and step-dad)request the pleasure of your company at the marriage of their childrenMeroandFIIf you only want your parents listed as hosts, you would do this:Mr. and Mrs. John Doerequest the pleasure of your company at the marriage of their daughter Mero to FIson of Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Smith (his dad and step-mom) Mr. and Mrs. George Jones (his mom and step-dad)Or if you want to be the hosts, you would do this:Merodaughter of Mr. and Mrs. John DoeandFIson of Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Smith (his dad and step-mom) Mr. and Mrs. George Jones (his mom and step-dad) request the pleasure of your companyas they unite in marriage The Knot also has a wording wizard in the Wedding Invitations section and Google would have tons of resources for you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • For the invitation for my daughter's reception, we did the following (the ceremony was just the two of them and a JOP): Bride's Name and Groom's Name Together with their parents blah, blah, blah. I am remarried, her dad is not.  But I also kept my birth name through that marriage and during my current marriage.  To make it even more difficult, I've only been married to DH for about a year and a half, so he really didn't have any hand in raising her. 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • We had the same issue at at DH's request we did this:Mr. and Mrs. (parents of the bride) request the honor of your presence blah blah blah(bride)to(groom)son of (groom's dad) and (groom's mom)We left the stepparents off of the invite and used his mom's remarried name.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards