Asian Weddings

Personal Showers?

This weekend I am going to a friend's personal shower that is being hosted by her FMIL. She is requesting tasteful garments (is there such a thing!) She is also having a Kitchen shower the same day as her bachlorette party next month. What is your opinons on personal showers being hosted by a FMIL? I am really close with mine, but I left the personal items to my bachlorette party instead. Just wondering if i am the only one that thinks this would be totally embarrasing.

Re: Personal Showers?

• edited December 2011
    Wow...she is having a lot of showers....I didn't know there was such thing as personal shower and kitchen shower. Most people I knew had the bridal party where they had nice dinner with friends and family and had a bachlorette party where your girlfriends get you some funny and crazy personal items....having two separate showers and a bachlorette party seems too much...at least for me. If I was invited to all three, I would be bit overwhelmed and annoyed somewhat. I agree with you on the embarrasing part. I am not fond of the idea of her requesting tasteful garments. There is no such thing. fEveryone has different taste...does she mean something that is expensive or sexy or plain or what? I guess you can always be safe with Victoria Secret items. Apologize for sounding annoyed but I wouldn't request my guests anything because I'm just thankful that they are there for me...just my thought.
  • edited December 2011
    I felt the same way! I felt that she was having a ton of showers and it was sort of gift grabby. She is super sweet so I haven't really complained. I told M I am not getting her anything for the bach party b/c there is a shower beforehand. She has made sure to let us all know where she is registered on each one. She did make a wish list for VS as well.
  • edited December 2011
    Wow. Holy tons of showers, batman! haha. That was the first thing that came to mind! I don't have a problem with lingerie or personal showers. I think they could be fun. but I think hosted by FMIL would be awwwwkward.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    That's a bit creepy to me...It's like the FMIL is monitoring what her son is allowed to see during the honeymoon. I guess for that one your friend is just going to have to rock the grannies or have some edibles considering she did ask for tasteful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards