South Carolina

Honeymoon

Hi ladies! I'm here from the DC board, my fiance and I are planning for our honeymoon to be in Myrtle Beach in May 2010(week after Bike Week, FI is pissed, he wants to be at Bike Week lol) and I was wondering if anyone had any hotel or area suggestions! I've been to Myrtle Beach but definately didn't stay in any of the nice hotels lol so I don't quite know what is a good place. Right now we're looking at the Sandy Beach Resort. Also any dining reccs or attractions other than the beach would be great! I see there's a ton of amusement parks but I'm guessing they can't all be very good!Thanks in advance ladies and congrats to you all!

Re: Honeymoon

• edited December 2011
    I totally reccommend Rioz Brazillian Steakhouse at Broadway at the Beach. It's about $35.00 per person for all you can eat but the food is beyond fabulous. Most of the nightlife down in Myrtle Beach is at Broadway at the Beach, the clubs are located near the Hard Rock Cafe. As far as shows go there's a Medieval Times and Dixie Stampede that are dinner shows and Carolina Opry, Alabama, and The Palace Theatre has Le Grande Cirque which is amazing. If you need any more reccommendations. Page me.
  • edited December 2011
    Personally for hotels I would suggest the Kingston Plantation...it is a Radison I'm pretty sure, or at least it was, but it is a huge complex with Condos and stuff.  It is kind of off by itself and I find it a little "nicer" than some of hte "nice" hotels closer to teh strip.
  • spuliaficospuliafico member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice ladies! I'm looking at Kingston and it looks really nice! And I'm definately going to make sure we hit up that restaurant, sounds great and right up our alley!
  • edited December 2011
    Thoroughbreds is also a wonderful restaurant in MB...a very upscale steakhouse that is a bit on the pricier side, but the food is delicious and the service is impeccable.
  • spuliaficospuliafico member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow! Thanks ladies this is great! I'm glad I decided to post on here and get some opinions! We like being in the middle of chaos...so that's actually kind of why we chose Myrtle Beach, that and we can drive there instead of paying for airfare! I spent my entire Spring Break at Margaritaville in 07, so I'm kind of surprised to hear how popular it is! Glad to know I didn't miss anything! Thanks again for all the advice! And if there are any fun adventures in the surrounding area for like a little day trip if it rains or something send them my way! My fiance's a former marine who was stationed at Camp Lejeune so we're kind of bored with the whole NC thing!
  • edited December 2011
    You could always day trip to Charleston, it's about an hour and a half drive down Highway 17. There are some great seafood restaurants in Murrells Inlet right on the water also. Check out the Ripley's Aquarium on a rainy day, or go to the mall.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards