Second Weddings

Oh for goodness sake-Long

I am so lucky that I have self-confidence and am secure in who I am.  Please let my daughter continue down the same path!!!!!  Luckily, I think that any girl that can go to day-camp wearing pink satin PJ's with butterflies and ruffles (that are now stevie erkel short) with orange spandex shorts and a bright blue tank top will grow up to be secure in her self.  That said my mother is totally opposite.  She is jealous of my relationship with my sister and is constantly trying to give me guilt trips when planning my wedding because I don't call her daily with an update.  For starters she lives in a different time zone!  Now, I have tried to be more patient but for goodness sakes!  I was talking aobut my guest list and she felt the need to remind me that I need to send her an invite.  When I didn't respond she brought it up again.  I told her that I did not feel her question warranted a response.  Then she brings up last night that I need to send my brother one (whom I rarely talk to) and again I didn't respond.  She asked about it and finally I got irritated (FI broke his finger, bad day at work and so this conversation was the icing on the cake) and told her that her comment was as stupid as asking if I was going to send her an invite.  Now granted neither her nor my brother have much class, but come on.  So now she is mad at me.  I told her I am sorry if her feelings are hurt but I just don't have the energy to try to pump her ego.   Obviously we are not that very close and I do try to keep the peace and be respectful but there are just times that I just want to say "Why me?"Thanks for letting me vent.  Now I feel much better and I will call her tonight and smooth things over.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Oh for goodness sake-Long

• edited December 2011
    I've learned in these situations, less info is more. I give my mother the cliff notes version, tell her everything is going smooth, thanks for the input and smile, or the "dinner is burning got to go works too." She tells everyone how I am soooo overwhelmed (couldn't be any further from the truth) with planning and I am running her ragged with projects (she has been begging me for stuff to do so I have been giving her little assignments -card box, guest book, etc). At some point, you learn to grin and bear it and take the high road.
  • edited December 2011
    I know...sometimes it is just hard and I just need to vent a little :)  Thank you
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for posting this...it's good to know that other's have incredibly frustating mothers. My situation is a little different though in that my mom lives 12 houses away from me. And works in my office. And found me on myspace...so I switched to facebook and she found me there too. I have no space, she knows no boundaries...nothing is sacred. So be sure to count the little blessings you're given...like different time zones. ;) Some of us could only wish to be so lucky. Don't get me wrong...I love my mom very much...but I often feel like she's my 4th child. And I do know exactly what you mean about constantly having to boost her ego. Uggg...it's exhausting! Good luck...hopefully she'll calm down in time!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • MoAnamCaraMoAnamCara member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why wouldn't you send your mom  an invite?It will shut her up and make her happy and maybe she wants one as a momento from your wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    I had and still do every intention of sending her an invite.  That isn't the problem. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards