DC

Engagment Pics in Old Town

My FI and I are getting our engagement pics done in Old Town Alexandria towards the end of the month.  I live in Old Town so I am very familiar with the area, but I am having trouble coming up with ideas of where and what kind of photos to do there.  Can you offer any suggestions of good places to take the pictures or inspiration pics of other engagement shoots there?

Re: Engagment Pics in Old Town

• edited June 2012
    We did our engagement pics in Old Town too. If your photographer is local, they'll probably have a few ideas on good spots since Old Town seems to be a pretty popular place for engagement pics. Aside from a few places that my photographer had used before (along King St, for example), we walked around  and the photographer would choose places based on the lighting at that moment. We ended up with some really cool shots in some of the cobblestone alleyways and side streets (unfortunately I don't have them on my work computer).

Also, you can probably get some inspiration by Googling "Old Town Alexandria engagement pictures." There are tons of results. This isn't me, or our photographer, but I think they may have gone to some of the same spots that we went to:

http://jeffsimpsonphoto.com/blog/cecille-tyrone-engagement-photography-old-town-alexandria-virgina/
  • We did our engagement pics in Old Town as well!! Our photographer did a great job in finding places you wouldn't imagine would turn out so pretty!! Here we are near chadwicks in a random doorway.  It turned out great! We also took pictures near the water on the rocks, in the street, alleys, cobblestone roads, etc.  We took some in one of the ice cream shops as well! There are endless possibilities! Have fun :)

• Oh - and another note - we started an hour before sunset so we could do day, sunset, and night photos!! just another Idea :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards