New Jersey

Kamilla Harris Boudoir Girls

I saw her blog for this and really like her work.  Did any of you do the group sesh?  I would consider doing it with a bunch of girls from the knot (if some wanted to do it too); but I wouldn't want anyone watching my session.  How does the group one work?

Re: Kamilla Harris Boudoir Girls

• SinthyaSinthya member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thats exactly what I did. No one is in there with you while you are getting your pics taken besides Kamila. When its not your turn, you hang out in the hair/makeup/get ready area and just chill till its your turn.
  • Slento15Slento15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did a group one too at the Pink Comb.  The girls waiting were in an adjoining room getting hair/makeup done (like Sin said), but they can see you (if they looked), so if that bothers you, its something to consider.  Its really not a big deal though-promise ;)
  • VoltinxiVoltinxi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I never heard of a group session but I am looking at her site now and it sounds like it could be fun. I am just starting to consider boudoir pics. Her prices and everything sound reasonable and her photos look awesome. I'd be interested in hearing what anyone who has used her has to say!
  • SinthyaSinthya member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hmmm, thats the difference then. I did mine at the b&b in philly and couldn't see eachother.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OK, yeah--so it really just depends on where you do it--some venues you can see the others, and some you can't.
  • edited December 2011
    Voltinx - maybe (if you are seriously interested) we can get a group together from here and do a group session.  I would be willing to travel to Philly.  I would want to do it in Dec/Jan ( hopefully my work out regimine will be in full effect - scratch that. It WILL be; LOL)
  • edited December 2011
    I did a group session with her and a few girls from the knot in NYC.  If you do it in NYC other girls can be in the room. I happened to go last and it was just me and Kamila.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sure! I think I would be more likely to do it with a group. Only I would prefer December over January since my wedding is January. I promise not to watch your session :-) I have no problem going to Philly. -karen
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hear you about the work outs. I scheduled my annual half marathon close to my wedding so I should be good ( I hope - it is so easy to go get taco bell right after the gym. seriously who builds a gym near taco bell?)
  • melissamchiumelissamchiu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely venue-specific.  Group sessions in a hotel room in NYC, the girls were getting hair/makeup done in the same room as the shoot...since it was all one room. 
  • edited December 2011
    Ok - we will keep each other posted.  I think we have time to get a group together!
  • melissamchiumelissamchiu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just FYI - kamilla does book up quickly - not sure what she still has open this year so you might want to reach out to check on availability.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was just going to say the same thing--she books up quickly.  now would not be too early to reach out.  (she's also kind of hard to get in touch with sometimes).
  • edited December 2011
    I might be interested...(if i'm brave enough =)
  • Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I might be interested though travel to Philly might be a little difficult for me.
  • edited December 2011
    Ok - will follow up when the time comes to book. :)
  • edited December 2011
    I would be interested, I don't think I would have the guts to go all on my own:)...and I would also like my session to be where I couldn't be seen by others
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    FYI - Now is the time to book.  I know earlier in the year I was looking to join one of the groups that was forming, and she was only taking weekday dates for the rest of the year, and shortly after that, she posted on her blog that thought she was full for budior for the rest of the year.  I would reach out to her now to see if all of her groups are full and if she has space for another one this year. 
  • melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did it in NYC and we were all in one (not so big) room. Honestly, I think she should have informed us before we got there. I'm not particularly shy, but I do think it's weird to be photographed half naked in front of pretty much strangers. I actually went down to the bar to get a drink while the first two girls went because the room was crowded and I felt bad because I didn't know them at all (they were knotties but not regular posters). Denise (ownedby3) was there for mine but it was a bit better since I felt like I "knew" her more.
  • edited December 2011
    let me know if you are actually forming a group. i really wanted to do this, but don't want to pay the price for a individual session and i don't know anyone who would be interested in doing this
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I sent her an inquiry ...
  • edited December 2011
    I just did a group session in NY last week. We had one big room and while someone was getting their hair and makeup done, another girl was getting their pictures taken. I honestly didnt even notice the other girls. I was concentrated on my pics and Kamila. Kamila was so awesome. She made me feel so comfortable and even tells you what positions to do. Great experience.
  • edited December 2011
    I would rec the one in Philly too - I did it with 2 other girls from here that were/are regulars...there was 2 rooms as in one upstairs and one downstairs - the downstairs one was a bedroom with table/kitchenette etc. and then a room (separated by door) where the bathroom (hair/makeup) was done...when I walked in one of the girls was dressed and doing her shot so maybe she felt uncomfortable but for the most part of the shoot it was either separated with the door shut or upstairs in a completely different room...but yes her dates DEF book up very quickly She provides booze and light snacks which will get you more relaxed...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards