Ohio-Columbus
Options

DOC?

I wanted to get advice regarding Day of Coordinators. I know I don't have any more $$$ left in my budget, but I figure I could save some money myself and pay for it if it will make the day go much smoother. Did you use a DOC? If not, do you wish you did? If you did, do you have any recommendations? About what is the price range for a DOC? I'm pretty organized, so I figure I can handle things myself, but I do think it would be nice to have someone there to put out any fires. TIA!

Re: DOC?

• Options
    emsrdh03emsrdh03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did not use one and have no regrets. The Westin Great Southern was amazing and pretty much had a built in DOC...so I didn't see the need for anyone extra. Also, all my vendors were great and I put my confidence in them to make the day run smoothly. Lucky for me, no one let me down and we had a flawless day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    myvette13myvette13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did look at them and was a little shocked by the cost.. over I was getting quoted approx. $500 for just the day of.  I am interested to see who people recommend.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used one - Lourdes (ATime2Toast). She was well worth it, but I had my ceremony at a public park (North Bank) and reception at a venue with very hands-off contact people (Smith Bros). If you have someone at both sites who acts as a coordinator, you may be able to go without. But if not for her, we would have been doing our own set up, teardown, rehearsal coordination, etc. It would have added 5 more layers of stress to everything.I paid about what pp said, but that did include several planning meetings as well as the rehearsal and all day on the wedding day.
  • Options
    kryrosekryrose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got lucky and found a newer one her name is nicole. she is charging me 125 but bascailly i am needing her to baby sit my reception location and makex sure everything gets put in it's place, she is including the rehersal and church for the same price. So far besides a few hiccups she's been awesome. I'm meeting with her in the next couple wks to go over the final details.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is October 2, so I can't give a review yet, but I'm using knottie Monique Britton. She charges $50 per hour. I'm also at The Westin Columbus, but I have little DIY things that I want to make sure get set up right without my mom or myself having to do it that day. So far Monique has been really sweet and easy to get ahold of. I'm looking forward to meeting her (we're from Columbus living in Syracuse, NY).
  • Options
    Brittd2003Brittd2003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When is your wedding? I've been doing some DOC on the side for a very low price. Since I'm not with a company and I don't do a lot, I figure it's best to charge less, plus I would like Brides to be able to afford having extra help. Email me at b_donalson at yahoo for more info.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    KermitClin06KermitClin06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Lourdes from A Time to Toast, she was fantastic! atime2toast@gmail.com Very reasonably priced at $300 for the whole day, the rehearsal, and she spent time tearing down the next morning since our reception was late. She went above and beyond our expectations, we were so very glad we hired her. As organized as we had been during the planning, it was so nice to have someone to worry about all the little things that weekend and just let us enjoy our wedding. Not to mention, Lourdes was on top of any the smaller details that had skipped our mind also.When searching for a DOC, we also noticed many of the DOCs in the area start at over $500 for the day. It was way too much for us to add to our budget.Good luck with your search!
  • Options
    myvette13myvette13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brittd2003: Can you e-mail me myvette13@hotmail.com.  I am still looking for someone to help day of with little things.  Thank you!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You might want to check craig's list. Alot of people who work on the side advertise there, and aren't as expensive.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! It's good to hear people were able to manage things without a DOC. I think I'm going to talk this over with my mom to see what her thoughts are. It would be nice to have someone in charge of everything though.
  • Options
    Brittd2003Brittd2003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MYVETTE: YGM!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    kerrkerr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Kate Trombitas from Celebrations by Kate and she made my entire wedding come together! I am SO happy I used her, best money I spent! Plus, she is much cheaper than a lot of other DOCs. www.celebrationsbykate.com
  • Options
    TropicalglazeTropicalglaze member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used fellow knottie ana titus! she was great and kept me very happy all day! she charged a flat fee that was extremely reasonable you can email me at superabatherapist at live dot com
  • Options
    writtenblisswrittenbliss member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't plan on getting a DOC, but in the end I asked a friend to be DOC as her gift to me. She'd done it for a couple friends before and she was AMAZING. I don't know what I would have done without her. I did end up getting her a $50 gift card or something to thank her, but that's pretty cheap if you ask me!Then again, my site didn't really have a hands-on coordinator to help out with stuff. I guess it all depends on your unique situation, but I definitely recommend getting one, even if that just means "appointing" a friend or family member to the job.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just planned my own wedding and loved it so much I want to start my own DOC business. Looking back, it would have been nice to have a DOC even just for the rehearsal and day of to answer questions from venue on-site coordinators and family. I was a total DIYer, so if you need help, email me at hfenner18@yahoo.com.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards