Texas-San Antonio

Intro & DIY Flowers from Sams

Hi everyone! i've been following the San Antonio Knot Board for a couple of months now, and I wanted to send a hello to everyone else getting married in San Antonio, too! Oh, and I'm a January 2010 bride :o). I also wanted to write and ask if anyone here has decided to DIY their flowers for their wedding? At this point we are planning on DIYing all flowers in the wedding except for an arrangement that the Mission San Jose requires us to donate for the alter. I went to Sam's Club over on SW Military last week and it looks like we may order our flower from there...anyone else have experience ordering through Sam's?? Good bad and the ugly please! Happy Planning!

Re: Intro & DIY Flowers from Sams

• edited December 2011
    Hi and welcome! You may want to try the DIY board or the Flowers board to see if anyone on those have any experience with Sam's. I'm sure you aren't the only one considering using them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I had been looking for an alternative way to get the flowers done, but I'm not a florist so I was just going to stick with having a professional do them-however, I didn't even know Sam's sold flowers! I'd like to look into that.
  • edited December 2011
    yea, the bulk flower rate from sam's has been great! we should be able to get all of the flowers our heart desires for 1/4 of the cost of a florist, but it will require a lot more work for us, too.
  • edited December 2011
    Hello, I would like to make my own flowers as well, maybe leave the bridal bouqet to the florist, but do the rest on my own. It is still up in the air....I am not quite sure yet. Anywho, there was a recent post not to long ago about whole sale flowers and someone suggested Sams Club. So maybe you can ask them about their personal experience.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't have any experience with the DIY flowers, but I did want to say welcome to the board! I'm getting married Dec 2009, so it's not too much off from you!I will just say that after reading some posts by other brides who went the DIY route (I had been considering this at one point), that you have to be ready for a LOT of work the day before or day of the wedding. I'm sure it's an awesome way to save some money, but it will be stressful, so just keep that in mind when making your decision. If you're doing floral centerpieces that aren't too extreme, then I'm sure you'll save tons with that and hopefully not have to spend too much time on it. But the bouquets, bouts and corsages might be another issue (I've heard they can be tricky if you haven't worked with flowers before). You might want to try pricing out the total with the DIY route and comparing it to some quotes from local vendors (I recommend Eden's Echo), and then figuring out if the added stress and time committment is really worth the savings. You could also see how much it'd cost to have the wedding party flowers done by the same people who do your arrangement and then just leave the CPs for yourself. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I don't have any insight on Sam's Club but I wanted to say 'welcome and congrats on your engagement!!'
  • edited December 2011
    thanks everyone! my aunt, who has some experience with floral arrangements and will be doing the flowers. she is also diligently practicing until the wedding. i know the stress will be INCREDIBLE, but the amount of flowers i would like at our wedding just would not fit the budget if i were to go through a florist. luckily, the ladies in my family have been supportative about this project! surprisingly, a couple even feel like it's an honor to help out :o). thank you for all of the well wishes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards