Texas-Austin
Options

Bartender

We'd like to have a bartender for our small wedding so people don't have to serve themselves. They do not need to be TABC certified as we are getting married at my in-laws property. Any ideas or recommendations greatly appreciated!

Re: Bartender

• Options
    sweetscarletsweetscarlet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Craigslist usually has a bunch of postings for available bartenders.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would go with a TABC server - reduces liability - even if a small wedding and agree check craigslist or post you are looking for someone.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not to be repetitive of other posts but I'd definitely recommend looking for a TABC certified bartender as well. TABC certification is really easy to get and a requirement to serve alcohol pretty much at any restaurant in Austin so just about EVERYONE in the "industry" is certified... I had to get it when I was a cocktail waitress at Cain and Abel's. It's just better to be safe than sorry so having someone certified will help if, heaven forbid, something bad happens. Also, craigslist (the services section) is a great place to look for a certified bartender. Hourly rates are pretty cheap. You could post in the gigs section, too. When I was in college I'd look there for weekend cocktail-ing positions sometimes. Basically, point being is should be quite easy to find someone there!
  • Options
    emkay625emkay625 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely recommend getting someone who's TABC certified, for two reasons:1. They'll probably be experienced, which might mean yummier drinks. 2. If you get someone who isn't, it could mean increased liability for you or your in-laws.Try Hill Country Events - we used to use them at the place I work.Also, call up your favorite bar! See if any of their bartenders would be willing to work a private event.
  • Options
    sweetscarletsweetscarlet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Hill Country Events for my wedding. Super easy to work with and very reasonable prices.Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just got married on Sat!!! Well, our bartenders were AWESOME!! They went far beyond our expectations for a bartender, they even did the cake cutting! Super fun people to work with and all my guests noticed their hospitality as well.  Info:  wetendbar@aol.com email them they are quick to respond. Best of luck!! I will post all my pics and recs later today
  • Options
    lovinglancelovinglance member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ask at a local restaurant if one of their bartenders would like a little extra money (or if you're having an open bar maybe keep whatever they make in tips or something.) They are TABC certified and would probably appreciate the extra money. I know my fiance would jump at an opportunity like that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards