Missouri-St Louis

Register for a honeymoon???

Hello all! So yesterday I was watching the Style channel and they had a wedding show on, well they were giving tips on how to have a successful wedding. Well they had a segment about honeymoons. On the show they said that you could make a registry for a honeymoon through your travel agent. I need so advice and opinions on whether this is an okay thing to do. What do you think is it tacky to put a honeymoon on a regisrty?

Re: Register for a honeymoon???

• JeannieJ70JeannieJ70 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I registgered on Honeymoonwishes.com... I figure it coudnt hurt, I just put the link on my web page... My friends did this & it went really well just gives people another option for gifts
  • KJDOHERTYKJDOHERTY member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Registry board, I think this question gets asked occasionally on there.  I think opinions differ, but I remember reading the majority says it's tacky.
  • edited December 2011
    I personally think it is tacky. It is essentially asking people for money to pay for your trip and you get a check before you leave. That being said, I have purchased off of them when couples have left me no option other than that or cash.
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • shawna77inilshawna77inil member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the previous post.  I also think that it is essentially asking everyone to cut you a check so that you can go on some extravagant honeymoon.  Also, if not enogh people"contribute", you need to be prepared to cover the additional cost yourself.  If you can't, I definitely wouldn't recommend it.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the responds! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Personally, I don't find them to be tacky, I think it is a really fun idea.  I've had a few friends that have used them and really liked them.  They registered for fun things to do while they were on their honeymoon like take a cooking class, rent a scooter, etc.  It is also a nice alternative for the bride and groom who are already well established and do not wish to register for a crock pot or china.  You should do whatever you and your FI are comfortable with!
    2012 Races
    GO! St. Louis Half Marathon-2:32:13
    Omaha Half Marathon 9.23.12
  • KJDOHERTYKJDOHERTY member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Something to keep in mind is that most honeymoon registries charge your guests extra fees to give you such a gift.  If you decide to do one, I'd see if you can find one where your guests aren't incurring fees to use it. 
  • 618mom22boys618mom22boys member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I dont think it is tacky! It is not like you just use that money to pay for the trip. You have to have it all paid off before the wedding. that is if you ar elaving right after the wedding. We are using it so people can buy us excursions on our trip. If noone buys them that is fine, we can ourselves. But we have lived together for 7 years, have 2 kids, so we have everything that we need already.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards