New Jersey

AWESOME NJ Live cover band for weddings!

Hey Knotties!

I wanted to post here to let you guys know about an awesome cover band that does weddings in NJ. They're called Garden State Radio, and they're female-fronted but also with a male guitarist who does lead on about 1/3 of the songs. I just saw them the other night, and they put on such an awesome show! They're all pretty young, but very professional and energetic. The singer, Kelly, was on American Idol and made it all the way through Hollywood week... you can tell too because he vocals are AMAZING. I asked them about weddings and they said they love doing weddings and they'll even learn certain songs for you and work with whatever dress code you want for your big day. She has a video online of her singing "At Last" at her brother's wedding: Kelly Caruso. They're so worth looking into if you're having trouble finding an affordable live cover band for your wedding. I know Brian Kirk and the Jirks start around $6000 for the fewest number of members and no extras, and Garden State Radio said they work with every couple's budget and like to really talk to you about what you want that day. They don't just show up, play their every-night-set and then leave. They like to work with you and make sure the day is so special for every couple. 
Personally, I just think it's nice that you have both a male and a female singer and it's not an added cost like with Brian Kirk (He told my brother it would be an added $800 or so to have the female vocalist even come!). They both have awesome voices and they're so great at getting the crowd energized. And they appeal to all ages: My mom LOVES them! Haha we went to Martell's Tiki Bar to see them and she was getting so into it! 

Anyway, I just wanted to post because I know it's sort of hard to find a really great cover band for weddings in NJ that doesn't take up 1/2 of a wedding budget, and they're so worth looking into. I found their website online too: It's www.gardenstateradioband.com.

I'm really glad I found them and I wanted to share with anyone else who may be looking still! 

Happy planning!!! :)

Re: AWESOME NJ Live cover band for weddings!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards