Wisconsin

Need help finding a bridal store near Milwaukee

Milwaukee brides, your assistance is greatly appreciated! I'm getting married in Milwaukee, but haven't lived there in nearly a decade. My mom wants to go dress shopping with me during an upcoming trip home. I'm anti-David's Bridal, and the knot only lists about 6 stores far outside the greater MKE area. Any suggestions on where to go shopping?? I know there are a ton of lists I can get off google, yahoo, etc... but I'd like to hear from folks who had good/bad experiences when they shopped. I'm a size 14, if that helps. Thanks!

Re: Need help finding a bridal store near Milwaukee

• edited December 2011
    I bought my dress at Berrati Bridal in Germantown.  They were very nice and very attentive.  It isn't a huge shop, but it had dresses in every price range and all types of sizes, so that was really nice.  I would recommend stopping in there.  Good luck
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure of where in Milwaukee or your price range but I would suggest Savvy Bride in Brookfield, Gigi's in Mequon, Kay's Bridal on North Ave in Milwaukee, Beratti Bridal in Germantown, Stone Manor Bridal in CedarburgI got my dress at Savvy and the girls there are so Great, plus they have a wedding center there, so basically near their shop is a photographer, florist, linens and cake person... might be useful if you are out of townI would also suggest making a trip to Chicago if you are looking at higher end dresses (Macy's Bridal Salon, Ultimate Bride, White Chicago, Palazzo Bridal, A LAmour in Barrington is awesome too)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • maggyruthmaggyruth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a fan of Kay's on North Ave, as a previous poster indicated.  I just ordered my dress from there...the girls are all really nice and they have a decent selection in a good price range.  Their samples are in a range of sizes (I'm an 18 and was able to at least get an idea of what dresses that they had as sample size 12 would look like on me.)
  • edited December 2011
    First of all... make appointments.  That is KEY to your success!  I'd say plan on an hour to 90 minutes a place as a general rule.I got my dress at Gigi's.  Really liked my experience there.  But it is a boutique.  (So they bring out dresses they think you'd like... you don't rummage through them yourself). Zitas you can browse through, but I didn't have a great experience there (my helper lady was really distracted... plus, I had already tried on ""the dress"" so nothing would compare) Amelishan's has a huge selection (near Holy Hill... north on 45... about 45 minutes from downtown), but its a circus (they have about 5 bride-podiums going at a time on the weekends).  Just be prepared going in, and you'll be fine.' I never tried wedding dresses there, but found my bridesmaid dresses on there.Heard great things about Savvy... but never have been there (which is crazy, b/c its right by my parents house)Also, Kay's in Wauwatosa is supposed to be good too (one of my good friends bought her dress there)....I'm sure you'll see plenty!  Good luck shopping! 
  • edited December 2011
    I was anti DB too and really liked Stone Manor but found THE dress at Amelishan's in Richfield/Hubertus. I am a 12, but my bmaid's had a hell of a time with larger sizes and variety at Eva's Bridal. It also wasn't a friendly experience. I believe you wouldn't have a prob with Stone Manor or Amelishan's. The consultants at both places were great and just seemed to be a step up compared to Eva's.
  • edited December 2011
    I just bought my dress @ Stone Manor. It was a great experience from the beginning. Very patient and fun! I am very comfortable reccommending them to anyone. Good Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ktwlcxktwlcx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress at Amelishan's but the experience was terrible. (They have bigger sizes so I could actually see what the dresses would look like) I found my bm dresses at Savvy and loved the place and would highly recommend it to anyone over and over. There is also Hartland Bridal, it's small and they carrie Maggie Sottero and Mori Lee but the lady can be a tad pushy, although very nice.
  • edited December 2011
    I actually had a great experience buying my dress and the BM's dresses at Eva's. But I did make an appointment and went on a Sunday when they weren't as busy and it was more laid back in the shop so that may have made a difference :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards