Delaware
Options

DIY Invite Question

When printing your own invites, what size do they need to be to fit in a standard card envelope?  What size is a standard card envelope?  I am printing invites for a baby shower- right now, they are 8.5x5.5- a half of sheet of paper, exactly.  Do I need to resize them on the computer to fit inside the envelopes?

Re: DIY Invite Question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    An A9 is 5 3/4 x 8 3/4, and will fit a 5.5 x 8.5 perfectly. An A7 is 5 1/4 x 7 1/4, and fits 5 x 7. Check out the USPS website, and make sure theres no upcharge for the A9 (since its a bit larger then normal), and also check to make sure the A9 isnt more $ (if that matters).  I think the most common is A7, so it might be cheaper...I found paperandmore.com to be cheapest in my search (which was a metalic env - if you want something different, definately look around!).HTH's - and did you get my email yesterday??  I just thought youd like that one!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Steph.  I called Staples, and they have the size that will fit a half sheet of paper perfectly.  I can't order them off the net because they need to go in the mail tomorrow (loooooong story)...And yes, I did.  Trust me, I was watching the whole time, and my mouth dropped lower and lower in disbelief as the entire thing ran its course.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards