Latino Weddings
Options

**lalanav**

Hi Laura,Let me know the info about the DJ your father knows....I've been struggling finding one, and my wedding is in 8 weeks, and I don't have one yet..ha ha...not really. So, you say you and FI are both from Jersey, where?  Thanks for your help.  Rachel

Re: **lalanav**

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll ask my dad again to ask his friend for the name, as soon as I get it I'll page you on here and let you know!  I'm originally from Freehold, and FI is from Saddle Brook, but now we're both living in Philadelphia where I went to school...I'm working in S.Jersey right now, in Woodbury!  Where are you from?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Closed on our house 4-15-11!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks.  I grew up in Somerdale, I now live in Cherry Hill, and my FI lives in Lindenwold.  My FI works in Center City Philly.  I taught at all 3 elementary schools in Woodbury for 5 years.  Where do you work?  Maybe we know each other...it's a small world, so you never know.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that's crazy!  It totally IS a small world!  I work for one of the judges in the county...I only have a year term which is actually ending at the end of this month (started August 2008), and we hardly ever go out so I doubt you and I know each other, but still!  That's nuts that we've worked in the same town!  I'll actually be working in center city starting in October, and my fiance works in South Philly.  We MAY have to have our own little knottie GTG of our own one day, haha!  When is your wedding date?  Ours is June 27, 2010.ps - still waiting on the name...my dad is notoriously slow when it comes to stuff like this!  I've been waiting for addresses for 2 MONTHS already!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah...that is crazy.  Do you know any of the Campo lawyers...they're in Woodbury?  I used to teach with one of the other Campos. I'm up to having our own GTG sometime.  My fiance loves to meet new couples as well.My wedding is Oct 18th...2 months away...very soon...we had a very short engagement.That's ok that your dad is taking some time with the DJ thing...he wouldn't be Latino if he was on time...ha ha...just kidding.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    this made me LOL "he wouldn't be Latino if he was on time..."so true!  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hahaha SO TRUE!  People used to say I couldn't possibly be Dominican because I'm always on time...looks like I'm sloooowly starting to revert to Latino time hahaha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    And WOW Rachel (can I call you Rachel??), your wedding is so soon!!  Are you excited??  I wish mine would hurry up and get here!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Laura, Of course you can call me Rachel.  Glad I made you laugh.  I'm never on time for anything.  I make appts, and people always know that I will arrive 15-30 mins late.  Could be worse.  I'll most likely be late to my own wedding..ha ha. We are counting down the days.  I'm going to start to get nervous soon.  I wish my wedding was this weekend....even 2 months seem like a while even though I know it's not. Well, I hired a DJ yesterday.  He's not familar with Latin music, but I hired him because he was responsible, and I wanted to check another thing off my to do list.  The DJ was the last vendor we had to hire.  I am just going to have to tell him what songs to play.  Hopefully, they can order the ones I want because they only had about 30% of the ones I was looking for on their music library.  Keep me updated though on who your dad recommends.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh wow, that's great that you have it checked off!  I'm so sorry my dad still hasn't gotten back to me; he has to call his friend Hector to get the name/number (bc Hector used the dj at his daughter's wedding this past Spring), and whe you throw 2 latinos in you KNOW you're in for a long time of waiting.  I'll definitely keep you updated if I get it any time soon.  If your dj can't order the music you want, can you download the songs you want and burn them on a cd and give it to him?  I've heard of people doing that before, so maybe you can do that as a backup, just in case!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    No worries about the DJ.  I just wanted to know who you use whenever your dad gets you the number...for future parties..you know. I talked to my DJ today, and he doesn't have a problem getting songs.  He said he might even have them...they just might not be displayed on the electronic library that's on their website...thankfully. So, how far are you into your planning?  Who else do you have to hire?  Are you doing any projects yourself?  Do you have a dress?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh good, I'm glad he even thinks he has them! And I'll definitely give you the number. :) Technically we still have a lot to do...we have our reception venue, the church, and the photographers.  And I have my dress, it should be in in November, I'm so excited!  It's the Lavina Royale by Maggie Sottero...a little older but it's exactly what I wanted!  We still need dj, limo, bridesmaids and groomsmen attire, invites and all those little details.  Oh, and we just designed our save the dates!  so that should be good. What about you, do you have basically everything you need?  Do you have your dress?  I LOVE wedding dresses, haha!  I wish I could afford to have more than one!    
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like you have the main stuff out the way with...minus not having the DJ.  I loved all the Maggie Sottero dresses, and it doesn't matter that yours is old.  Actually, I ended up getting a Casa Blanca dress, and they told me that this designer never discontinues dresses, so you could order one from like 6 years ago.  And yes, I agree... I love dress shopping too, and I would shop for my dress all over again or buy a second one too.  In some Asian cultures, they wear like 8 dresses at their wedding, but they rent all of them.  So, in my next life, I'll get married like them.We have all of our major stuff done.  Now, we just have to make invitations, seating chart, buy my jewlrey, buy my lingerie, just all the little things, but it adds up quickly to being a lot since I have less than 2 months.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ooh, you're at the smaller details stage!  I can't wait to be there.  :)  Do you have ideas of how you want to do everything, like the seating chart?  I'm sure you'll get it all done with plenty of time to finish, but I bet it feels like not enough time.  Good luck getting everything done!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards