Pennsylvania-Central

AW: We ordered our wedding bands!

SO FI and I went by Mountz Tuesday after my hair trial and ordered our bands. I had mine picked out for months but he didn't know what he wanted....we were there for almost two hours and looked at what felt like fifty million bands. It came down to the Scott Kay Classic band or a super cute Titanium band by ArtCarved....He ended up liking the Titanium band AND it ended up being almost $600 cheaper than the Scott Kay! woot!

Re: AW: We ordered our wedding bands!

• edited December 2011
    we did the SAME thing. mine is a simon g from mountz. my fi is sooo indecisive. we were there for FOREVER. i just picked the one that matched my e-ring. but we had to try on every single mens band. we had two picked out one scott kay and one art carved. we ended up going with the artcarved. he liked it better and it was $800 cheaper. who do you use at mountz? we always use joyce and i love her. if shes not working, my fi will turn around and walk out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Mine is a Hearts on Fire which matches my E-ring and I LOVE IT. We use Serena...shes very eccentric and is usually wearing some form of animal print haha but shes great and puts up with us! Which Simon G E-ring and band do you have?
  • edited December 2011
    its lp1031 but mine is platinum. i think the one online shows yellow gold for the filligree and white gold for the band. mine also has diamonds on the underside of the setting which i dont think that one shows. i loved scott kay. but i didnt tell my fi anything. he picked it out all on his own. he did a really good job.
  • edited December 2011
    I loved the Scott Kay too...but I know how anal my FI is about scratches and it had that satin brushed look and it would have driven him nuts to get any nicks or scratches on it so He picked the Titanium which is a little harder of a metal I guess??
  • edited December 2011
    Sara thats really gorgeous!! I think I looked at that one but it looks so odd on my teeny finger. FI and I looked at rings together because he knows how picky I am about jewelry. I wanted something that sat low on the finger and was simple!
  • edited December 2011
    yea my fi got a brushed one and they warned us it wont stay that way for long. but he was ok with it. fi says i must trust him a lot to let him pick out my ring all by himself! haha. i only told him white gold, not a solitaire. its definitely something i would have picked for myself. i really love your hearts on fire too! since ive been engaged i find myself checking out girls' ring fingers and judging them by e-ring. no e-ring, or married haha. and i TOTALLY mentally critique their rings.
  • edited December 2011
    Haha..I try not to do that. I think a lot of women look at mine and think oh that just simple but we fel in love with the technology of the Hearts on Fire...FI is STILL trying to talk them into giving us the scope so we can show people what the eight perfect heart cut looks like haha
  • edited December 2011
    im totally judgy mcjudgerson! haha. i should be more like you though. because i know people pick things out for a certain reason. i mean i had someone announce loudly in a bar that mine looks like it came from a cracker jack box. i think i do it out of curiousity. since i didnt shop for mine and try a bunch on, i like to see what different people have. i will admit i was a tad jealous when a girl at work got engaged and her whole set was double my carats and cost less than my e-ring alone. then i realized hers was kinda gaudy and clearly not as good quality of a diamond. plus they broke the engagement two weeks later.
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah I guess my motto is to each his own...BUT you can really tell a lot about someones personality by their ring I think!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards