Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Blackberry OS Update Question

Has anyone here with a Blackberry installed the newest update yet?  It's version 5.0.0.591.  I updated my Tour 3 days ago and it's awful.  The new OS drains my battery.  I'll charge my phone all night, take it off the charger and in 3 hours the battery is drained.  I know it's not the battery, as I just bought a new one and it's still happening.  Before I installed the OS my phone could hold a charge for well over a day.  I dialed *288 to update the roaming on my phone and that didn't help.

I called Verizon today and they did not offer any options to fix the battery drain issue I'm having.  I asked if I could downgrade to the previous OS and they said it wasn't an option.  I've done some Googling and I think I can downgrade myself but I haven't tried yet.

I'm beyond frustrated.  Is anyone else having issues with the update?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Blackberry OS Update Question

• Options
    The update messed up my connection to the internet.  Anytime I try to use Opera mini to access site, it tells me I do not have an active connection, yet my regular brower works just fine.  It didn't start happening until the update -- not a fan and hope a new one is coming soon.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image182 invited
    image4 got lost on their way to the mailbox
    image127 will witness the anticipated bear union
    image51 will miss out a beary good time
    [RSVP Date 6/01] [125 min]
  • Options
    I hope so too.  Where in NJ are you from?  I'm a fellow NJ-er. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have the same cell with the upgrade. My battery is going much faster than normal, but not as bad as what you described. I charged it all night, unplugged it at 7 and I have 50% battery left (so 5.5 hours). I've been having a ton of problems with connecting to the internet making and receiving calls, texts and e-mails.

I hate cell phones.
    August 2011: E-Pic! Photobucket
    229 image Invited to celebrate!
    191 image Remembered to RSVP!
    26 image Can't make it
    7 image Got lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm having problems texting certain people.  I can send FI a message just fine but I can't open any from 2 friends of mine so far.  Weird. 

I'm looking at Droids on e-bay.  I can't take this!

Since I updated my roaming my battery life is about the same as yours, jonchrissy but it's really annoying that it drains so fast!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards